#31: I've Got This Friend (Part Two)

Start from the beginning

Calum: I watched as she impatiently paces back and forth in the gymnasium, constantly checking on the time on her watch every five seconds or so. She looked like she was on edge, and she turned to me. "Where is he? Did you tell him the right time? Please tell me you did, Calum." Her eyes showed something I couldn't point out, but I could tell she was serious - she really wanted to meet this guy. "Yes, I did, Y/N. Will you please stop panicking," I tell her, holding her down by the shoulders. "All right, calm down. Deep breaths," She nodded, breathing in and out when I told her to. She began to calm down after a while and she looked up at me with a worried expression, "What if he doesn't come, Calum?" I slung my arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer. "Why do you want to meet him so badly, though?" I asked, and she just shook her head with a small smile on her face. "Thi-this friend of yours, he's probably the first guy who's ever tried so hard for me. He's the only one who's stuck by this long, and I think his feelings for me are really, really genuine. He seems really sweet, and I think I'm starting to like him, you know? The things he does, the words he says in those letters, I don't know, there's just something about him that's pulling me in." She says, her smile never fading from her face. There was this twinkle in her eyes when she spoke of this guy, and a smile made it's way onto my face this time. Seems like she really fell in love with this stranger, I guess this will be enough for me, I'm going to tell her right now. "I-I-I have a confession to make," I blurted out, and her head snapped towards me. "Please don't hate me," I whispered and her eyebrows furrowed. "I-I don't have a friend who likes you." "But-" "That was all me," I breathed out, and her eyes widened in realization. She looked down, and began to giggle. I was clearly confused though, I just told her the biggest secret of all time and she just laughs about it? Alright, she might be insanely cute and I love her so much but this is really weird. "H-hey," I spoke up and with a smile, her eyes meet mine again. She pats my head and presses her soft lips on my nose. She had to tiptoe to do so though, and I was taken by surprise. "Silly, I knew it was you the moment I saw the handwriting. I just wanted you to come out and say it, like a man!" She wrapped her arms around my waist and I could feel her racing heartbeat, I prayed that she wouldn't hear mine as well because I find it embarrassing. All the while, I thought she couldn't ever see how much I love her, but I thought wrong - she knew all along, but she still kept on being friends with me. "So, this probably means I'm friendzoned, huh?" I asked her sadly, but I felt her shake her head. She wrapped her arms tighter around me and my breath caught in my throat. "You didn't get it? Well, I'm probably gonna spell it out for you." she pulled away and smiled, tiptoeing once more, kissing my left cheek. "I," And then my right cheek. "Love," My nose this time. "You," And finally, she pecked my lips. "Calum Hood. I love you. I love you so much." I pulled her by the wrist so her lips crash against mine again, and I smirked, wrapping my arms around her waist once more. God, I love this girl so much.

Luke: She stood there, looking down at me with an unreadable expression on her face. I couldn't tell whether she was pissed, or surprised, or happy, I don't know. She was usually an open book, but her eyes are hiding how she really feels inside, and I hate it. I looked down, fiddling my thumbs and said, "I-I-Y/N," I don't know how I should tell her, I mean, I wanted to but I didn't expect it to happen this fast. I wasn't prepared yet, I don't even know what to say now that I'm going to go ahead and do it. "Luke, what did you say?" She repeated, and there was authority in her voice that made me answer almost immediately. "I love you, okay? There, I said it. Are you happy now?" I whispered the last part and put my head in my hands, and shook it. I felt Calum pat my head and he muttered an, "I'll leave you two alone to talk." before he stood up and went off. She took Calum's empty seat and she didn't talk for a while. The two of us didn't want to break the silence surrounding us, but it was just so deafening and I wanted to break it as soon as possible, but I didn't know what to say. I didn't know what to do. I looked up slowly and my eyes met her piercing ones and she gave me a small smile. "I understand how it feels," she started. "Unrequited love sucks." she chuckled, with a shake of her head. She looked up once again and let out a long sigh, "I've been trying for years. I've tried to show this same guy I'm in love with him. I did everything I could in my power to get him to notice me, I did absolutely everything so I can try and catch his attention." She ran a hand through her locks and sighed once more, "But nothing worked, he just couldn't see. He couldn't see all the efforts I've been putting in for him because he's just too dense to realize I'm in love with him." "Why? I bet he would have-" "You didn't," her voice cracked and she looked up at me with sad eyes. "Everything I've ever did was for you, Luke. I've been in love with you for as long as I could remember, and now, I find out that you're in love with me too. If you were in love with me, why didn't you see me? Why didn't you see how hard I tried for you?" I couldn't take it anymore, I stood up and walked towards her, and pulled her into my chest. I wrapped my arms securely around her waist and whispered, "I didn't notice because I was too busy telling myself that this wasn't for me, it was for someone else. It was for the person you told me you were in love with, and I knew that you could never have fallen in love with me." I could hear her chuckling into my chest as she wrapped her arms around me, "I guess we were just too busy trying to chase one another to even see that we wanted each other huh?" She laughed and her chest vibrated against mine, and I tightened my grip around her waist. "You are so beautiful, Y/N. I've always wanted you, and you alone. I just can't believe it, I can't believe that after all these years, I was the guy you were in love with?" "I could say the same thing about you, Lucas." She giggled. She was just so adorable, I pressed my lips onto the top of her head with a contented sigh. "I love you so much, Y/N. Now, I've been waiting for this moment for so many years," I pressed my lips against her longingly, and she immediately started to kiss back. Her arms snaked around my neck, and her fingers began to play with my hair before she began to tug on it gently. I smiled into the kiss, and pulled away, kissing her adorable nose instead. "I love you."