t w e l v e

phil

"is it weird that i've never been to a dentist?" the younger boy ponders, his eyebrows drawn together as he rests his chin in his hands.

"not really, i've never been to a zoo," i shrug casually and he rolls his eyes at me.

"how is that related to a dentist?"

"i don't know," i scratch the back of my head awkwardly laughing and he just looks at me for a moment, his lips curving up ever so slightly before he shakes his head. something about his smile is adoring.

"you know you remind me so much of him," he sighs out loud, tilting his head back and letting it hit the metal wall behind him harshly.

"who?"

"my ex-boyfriend," his eyes close and i frown slightly, shuffling closer to him and running a hand through my hair.

"i'm sorry," i have no idea what else to say other than that and he just shakes his head.

"no, it's not your fault i just, fuck," he is biting his bottom lip in a frustrated gesture and his thumbs fiddle together nervously. his eyes are still closed as he avoids looking at me as i study his actions.

"do you," i recall how he did not feel comfortable talking about it before but we have talked about a lot since then and maybe things have changed?

"do you want to talk about it?" i ask him hesitantly and another heavy breath leaves his mouth before he opens his eyes.

"i've never talked about it to anyone," he looks at me with slightly glossy eyes and i smile warmly at him, reaching forward and placing my hand on top of his to comfort him.

"well, there's always a start,"

--

aAA THANK FOR 10K