I Feel It

After I had a quick chat with Ali I headed home with all of three fabric triangles in the pocket of my ripped jeans. My brown hair pulled into a high pony tickled the back of my neck. Right now I felt like I was part of some sick joke. Someone was playing with me.
I called Heather and asked her if she could have a sleepover. After that I made plans with Ali too.
    When they came over around 7:45 that night we quickly set up a tent outside, I needed to test my theory. We brought out snacks and drinks and set up a quilt to stargaze. When it became dark my mom came out.
   "Amanda Cole Bell! I told you that you could hang out outside until dark, under no circumstances will you girls be sleeping outside tonight!"
    "Oh don't worry Mrs.Bell, we will watch Amanda and we will go in the tent after we are done stargazing. This will be good for Amanda." Ali stepped in.
    "Oh alright but if anything happens Amanda Cole you will be grounded for a month! Do you hear me?" My mom screamed in my ear.
    "Yes mom, I promise nothing will happen." I reply quietly.
     "Goodnight girls, have a good time."
    We laid on the quilt. The warm breeze tickled my exposed arms. If my theory was correct the ship should come out tonight. Traveling slowly across the sky directly over us. It would come as long as I was out to watch.
    " Do you guys think it's aliens?" Heather asked. "I know you two have seen one in your bedrooms but what if it is aliens, they know we know and they are after us. What if they want to kill us all?"
    "I don't know about the killing part but do agree with you that they are aliens." I state my opinion. "What do you think Ali?" I look over at her. She is string blankly into he trees. " Ali what is it?" I say, my voice shaky.
    "What is that in the trees?" Ali asks in a terrified voice. "Do you guys feel like you're being watched?"
    I look over into the trees. There's a tall, slim figure slowly moving around. They have a black robe with shredded ends, it's the aliens. They're here.