The Plan

Breakfast was interesting to say the least. Lucius prodded and poked Severus until he got out of bed, and forced him to come down for breakfast in the Great Hall. He couldn't help but notice every time he glanced at the Gryffindor table there was that damned set of gorgeous amber eyes staring back. Sev ducked his head and shovelled some more eggs into his mouth, blushing furiously..

Meanwhile, across the room Remus was developing a plan. After the kiss with Severus that night, he had been planning on just how he can convince Severus that he in-fact did love him. He watched the boy glance his way to only look away again and chow down on his breakfast. He sighed, causing Lily to place a comforting hand on his back. She smiled at him and he grimaced back, nodding to Narcissa who had entered the hall and winked at him. Today, he thought. Today would be the day he finally declared his love for the Slytherin boy.

***

All through Transfiguration Remus couldn't concentrate on the work they were set. His mind wandered on to topics like imagining the feeling Severus's black locks twisting through his fingers, and to feel those lips on his one more time.

"Lupin! Who were the three wizards who pioneered the use of Transfiguration Magic in the crossing of the Pacific Ocean?" McGonagall's voice startled him sharply out of his daydream and Remus guiltily looked at the woman.

"James Cook....?" He meant to sound assertive in his answer but it was weak and timid.

"Alongside Joseph Banks and Arthur Phillip. Pay attention in my class" she admonished, he got some startled looks from his peers. Remus rarely ever got into trouble, so on the odd occasion he did, it became the day's gossip.

"Yes Professor" he replied meekly, and duly noted the names down.

Finally Transfiguration was over and Remus could enjoy the free study session he was about to get. Although, he knew he wouldn't get much study done. James and Sirius has Flying lessons at the same time and often smoothed-talked Madame Cowart into letting them leave the class for "practice of manoeuvres on the Quidditch pitch". As an ex member of the Chudley Cannons, Madame Cowart could hardly say no to two strapping men dedicated to the fine sport, so three out of four Marauders spend the morning in the Quidditch pitch with James and Sirius goofing off and Remus reading Hogwarts: A History.

"Hey Remus" Sirius shouted from his position in the air. "Charm this, will you?" He threw a makeshift Quaffle down to the boy, who swished his wand and cast the enchantment. He did the same for James with a golf ball. The two boys then flew around the pitch, practicing for the upcoming game while Remus developed a plan.

"Hey Prongs" he called, when the boys touched down for a break. "Do ya reckon you could get your hands on some Felix Felicis?"

"That's a tough one mate.... Sluggy doesn't keep that in his storeroom, that's in his private office. I'll see what I can do" James responded, taking a swig from the bottle of Butterbeer Remus procured earlier.

"Damn, alright. Let me know how you go. I need to do a few things. See you at lunch" Remus clapped the boys on the shoulder and strolled to the library to return some outstanding loans. There, he accidentally walked in on two fourth years making out in the furthest corner of the library. Recognising one of them to be Jack, he assumed the boy he was kissing was his boyfriend Dean.

"Look boys, Madame Pince is about to arrive to pester me again. Better clean up" he winked at the boys fixed their robes and hair with one final kiss. Just as they broke apart, Madame Pince rounded the corner like a vulture on a hunt and shuffled up to the three boys.

"What are you two doing here?" The squawked at Jack and Dean.

"I was just showing them where" he pulled a random book off the shelf and read the title.