Life With Ronnie

The next day, I felt a warm nose on my face. On my hand then my back.
I ignored it at first.

I was to tired.

I didn't listen to Ronnie, Keith, Brian, or Mick, who had all told me to go to sleep last night. I'll be honest and say that it was mainly Mick who sat on the bed next to me trying to get me too sleep.

Mick tried singing to me, Keith tried playing 'Wild Horses' on his acoustic, Brian tried stories, and nothing really kept me asleep.

How could I sleep though?
I was on the verge of being adopted, or was I?
Like my first foster dad, Keith, I take after him.-not sleeping.

Just then, I opened my eyes, to see Junior's head.
I went to pet him, not realizing where I was, and fell on the ground.

"Ow."
I said getting up, brushing the hay off my clothes.

I yawned as I reached my hand up to pet Junior.
There was a note on his stall door, next to his food that read:"Alex, I didn't feed him yet, please feel free to feed him. thanks.-Uncle Ronnie❤️

I fed my horse, stretched, and yawned.

Junior was eating as I was petting him, but I got tired and fell back asleep. In front of his stall even!

I slept for a while.

I didn't realize it, but I didn't close his stall door.
Luckily all the barn doors were closed, most of them latched.

Junior didn't run away though.
When he walked out of the stall, he laid down in the isle way, right along side me, his head gently rested on my back.

He was careful not to kick me.

I loved the feeling of his warm hair on my arms, his mane like a blanket under my hands.
The chilling feel of his warm breath down my neck, and in my blonde hair.
The sight of seeing his soft, big, brown eyes just as I was shaken awake, was like seeing the sun for the first time, after being in the dark after a while.

'Who woke me up?'🏴