I slow down to a walk once we start to approach the prison. I see the guard sitting down in a chair. He stands up once he sees us approaching him.

"You girls shouldn't be ou-" I place a hard right hook to his face, knocking him to the ground. Before he gets a chance to get back to his feet, Donna places a hard kick to his face knocking him out.

I go into his pockets getting the keys and unlocking the door. We run down the first hallway quickly making our way to Ryan's cell.

"What's going on?" Ryan asks with a frown as we approach his cell.

"No time to explain, we need to get out of here and fast," I say unlocking his cell.

Once we get out of the prison I see the guard still laying on the ground knocked out. I shift into my tan wolf, quickly taking off into the forest. I move from side to side, dodging the blurs of thick trees, heading towards the lake with Donna and Ryan running next to me.

Once we cross the river onto the Shadow Moon pack land, my training kicks in and my guard goes up. After running on their land for about an hour without being spotted, I start to see the border of their land in the distance. This was much easier than I thought it would be. The shadow moon pack is the fourth largest and strongest pack. I thought their land would be guarded much better than this. As we get closer to getting off their land, I start to hear the sound of paws beating against the ground behind us like drums, followed by loud growls. I look back to see a large brown and black wolf gaining on us fast.

I push my legs to go faster. Once I cross the border of their land I hear a loud whimper come from behind me. I look back to see one of the wolves biting down on Donna's back leg, dragging her back, stopping her from crossing the border. I see Ryan struggle to fight the other wolf off, keeping him away from Donna.

I take off running back to help Donna. I crash into the wolf, knocking him off Donna, sending us both rolling across the ground biting and ripping fur and flesh from each other.

He lands on top of me biting at my throat going for the kill. He finally gets his jaws around my throat, but right before he bites down to rip my throat out, Donna is on him quickly. She bites down hard on his shoulder causing him to let me go. He turns his attention to Donna giving me the opening I need. I get up quickly and lock my jaws around his throat not wasting any time. I bite down as hard as I can, feeling my teeth sink into his flesh. Feeling His blood starts to fill my mouth. Ignoring the disgusting taste of his blood, I pull back ripping his throat out.

His lifeless body falls to the ground shifting back. I instantly start to feel bad about killing this guy. My father always taught my brother and me that it's kill or be killed. I never really gave it much thought because I never thought I would be in this situation, but now I understand what he was talking about. If I didn't kill this guy he was surely going to kill Donna and me.

I look over to see that the other wolf has Ryan on the ground. Donna quickly makes her way over to them. She catches the wolf off guard, biting into his throat-ripping it out.

"We need to leave now, I'm sure they have notified their alpha telling him we're here," I tell Donna through the mind link, taking off through the forest. We need to get far away from here. My father will be looking for us and the Shadow Moon pack will be after us also.

After running for a couple of hours straight through the forest, we stop at this lake to have a drink and rest for a little. I'm sure the Shadow Moon pack sent a group of wolves out with their best trackers to find and kill us. But I think we managed to cover our scent and trail enough to send them west.

"The sun will be coming up in about three more hours," I say to Ryan after shifting back into my human form.

"That won't be a problem for me." He answers my question knowing what I'm trying to ask without asking. The vampires who were born a vampire can survive in the sun, but the ones who were turned into a vampire are forever cursed to the nights.