"Why not?"

"Look, what do you want?" I snap, turning to face him.

"We're just going to the same classroom, that's all." He shrugs, shoving his hands into his pockets.

I groan, and continue walking, hoping that if I just ignore him he'll leave me alone. Suddenly I wished I hadn't chosen to walk alone, and regretted not going with Harry, Ron and Hermione like I usually would have.

It was silent for a while. I almost dared to check if Malfoy was still beside me.

"So do you fly?" He asked from beside me. Seriously, what was he trying?

"Not for quidditch, but yes... I know how to fly." I answer honestly, not seeing a reason to lie. The classroom was now in sight. I began to quicken my pace, to get there sooner.

"Maybe we can fly together sometime, I can teach you quidditch." He wants something out of me, I just didn't know what. But he's not getting it. His father probably thinks he can get secrets out of me, to help The Dark Lord. Not bloody happening.

"Not interested, Malfoy." I roll my eyes. "I know how to play. I just don't enjoy it." Again, no lies. Competition takes the fun out of flying.

"What about Hogsmeade this weekend? We can get a butterbeer together."

"What do you really want?!" I snap, turning to face him before entering the classroom. "Need help before OWL's? Trying to get me to do your homework? It's not happening. Just walk away." I left out the part about accusing him of treason.

Something about his demeanor changed. His face, posture, eyes. "As if I would as for help from a Mudblood!" He said through gritted teeth.

My jaw fell slack as he walked off into the classroom. I let out a small squeak as I turned to see Snape staring at me from the doorway. I puffed out air and walked past him and sat with Harry, Ron and Hermione. They seemed to notice I was off, but didn't say anything.

I watched as Snape walked toward Malfoy and pulled him out of his seat. They spoke at the back of the room in hushed tones before Snape whacked the back of his head and sent him back to his seat. As Snape was making his way toward his desk, he paused by our table, "Miss Evans, I would like you to know such language is unacceptable and I have taken 10 points from Slytherin." He said this looking straight ahead, then turned to face me, "I would, however, like to speak with you after class. No exceptions."

I sigh and turn to face forward rather than at Snape as I was. I could feel three sets of eyes staring at me, but I did not acknowledge them. Several moments of silenced passed as Snape wrote on the board.

"Mm, Rose..." Hermione's calm voice came from beside me, "what happened?"

"Nothing." I state, looking straight ahead. "Just... A misunderstanding."

"What was the... Language?" She asked, still calm and sweet. If this were Harry he would be roaring with rage. Which is partially why I didn't want to say anything.

"Please don't tell Harry?" I look into her eyes with my own green eyes as wide as they go. She nods in agreement. I came closer, to whisper in her ear, "he called me a mudblood."

"But you're not even... That's just..." She frowns, "I know the feeling."

"I don't want Harry freaking out over it..." I bite my lower lip glancing over at him. "I do, however, want to know why Snape wants to talk to me."

My potions of the day came out terrible. Just awful. I wasn't focused, which was my main problem. I was chopping, not slicing. Pouring, not dripping. I was a mess. and my hair was almost as frizzy as Hermione's from all of the steam coming from my cauldron.