Chapter 5: The Battle/ The Happy Couple

Once the fairies got inside Donatello's dungeon he was surprised.

"There's no time to explain!" Applejack panted. "Prince Donatello, you must save Princess Rarity on your own, but we can help. Take this sword and shield!" The weapons appeared in the young prince's hands, and he grinned at the power he could use to triumph over evil. The fairies led him out of the dungeon, but the two sisters quickly spotted them. The two girls cried out for the guards, and the little demons soon attacked the prince and the fairies.

Making themselves small, the three fairies led Donatello outside a window and down a stone slope to his horse. While Rainbow freed it, Applejack and Fluttershy turned the guards' rocks and arrows into bubbles and flowers. Once Donatello was on the horse, the group escaped out of the castle walls. Rainbow stayed behind for a moment to turn the two sisters Aria and Sonata to stone.

When Adagio emerged from her chambers, she gasped. "DIE!" she shouted, sending boulders tumbling and collapsing the bridges that led to Raphael's Kingdom. The fairies used their magic to help Donatello through, but Adagio had another plan. "A FOREST OF THORNS SHALL BE HIS TOMB!"

With that, a giant, thorny tree burst out from the entrance of the palace, blocking the prince's path. Donatello used the sword to make his way through the obstacles, and once he was past the forest, he continued to the palace.

"NO!" Adagio cried. "IT CANNOT BE!" She teleported to the entrance, once again blocking the prince's path. She stared him down and growled, "Now you shall deal with me...AND ALL THE POWERS OF HELL!"

A lightning bolt struck down on the evil fairy, and a green and purple fire surrounded her. Donatello recoiled in fear, and when he looked back, Adagio had transformed into a giant dragon. She spat fire at the young prince, knocking him backwards off his horse. She cornered him to a ledge and spat again, sending the shield into a large pit of green and purple fire below him. Realizing he only had one shot left, Donatello aimed his sword and threw it directly at the dragon's torso. It stabbed into her heart, and she cried out in pain. As large drops of blood pooled below her, the dragon fell forward and crashed into the fire below. Donatello rolled out of the way at the last second, and when he looked down, the fire had cleared, and his sword became stone, still stabbed into a piece of Adagio's black robe.

Breathing a huge sigh of relief, Donatello got up and greeted his horse with a smile. He then followed the three good fairies up to the highest point in the tower.

There was Princess Rarity lying in bed, peacefully dreaming about her love. Donatello approached her quietly kneeled down before her. Slowly, he leaned forward and kissed her gently. When he pulled away, the princess's eyes fluttered open, and she smiled at her dream prince, who was finally a reality.

The rest of the kingdom awoke, too. King Raph and Queen Sunset yawned and rubbed their eyes open. "Um, yes, you were saying, Casey?"

The other king opened his eyes as well. "Uh...I was? Oh, yes! I remember! Uh...it's about Prince Donatello. He says he's going to marry...!"

But the king stopped short when he heard trumpets playing. King Raph and Queen Sunset stood and saw what they had been dreaming to see.

Hand in hand, Prince Donatello and Princess Rarity stepped down the stairs of the palace to the throne room. When they made it to the center, they bowed for the King and Queen of the Hamato Kingdom, and Rarity rushed forward to hug her parents.

Needless to say, King Casey was a little confused. However, he lost all the uncertainty within him when Rarity kissed his cheek. Happy, Casey shrugged and commanded the music to play.

When the song began, Donnie and Rarity danced about the room, wordlessly proclaiming their love for one another. The three good fairies watched from a balcony, and a few tears fell down the one in green.

"Fluttershy," Applejack began, "whatever is the matter?"

"Oh," Fluttershy sniffed, "I just love happy endings."

Ap smiled but the expression soon faded away when she realized the color of the dress Rarity was wearing. "Blue?! Heh, make it pink." She quickly changed the fabric.

Rainbow Dash noticed this and fought back. "Blue!" she insisted.

"Pink!"

"Blue!"

"Pink!"

"Blue!"

Suddenly, a different color appeared on Rarity's dress. Applejack and Rainbow glanced to their sides and saw Fluttershy will a proud smile on her face.

"Green!"

The two fairies looked back at each other with skeptical faces. They then turned back to the princess and waved their wands at the same time. "Purple!"

Fluttershy rolled her eyes amusedly and sighed. Hey, anything to stop their bickering! The three of them looked back down at their prince and princess, everyone full of joy. They and the subjects of the kingdom watched the romantic dance last well into the night. They all sang out to go along with the music.

"I know you. I walked with you once upon a dream. I know you. The gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam. Yet I know it's true that visions are seldom all they seem. But if I know you, I know what you'll do. You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream!"

And they all lived happily ever after.

THE END!