Chapter 3: The Castle

Back at the cottage, things were not going as planned. The cake was a dribbling, drooling mess, and the dress was an ugly, tacky disaster.

"That's it!" Rainbow announced as she tore the pink fabric off. "I'm going to get those wands. Applejack, if you're so worried, make sure everything is safe for magic!"

Applejack sighed and realized that the woman dressed in blue was right. She closed up all the doors and windows, making room for Rainbow to come back down the stairs. Once she saw the wands, Applejack took hers and Fluttershy's. "I'll bake the cake!" the woman in green announced.

"Rainbow," Applejack began, "you can clean this place up. I'll make the dress."

Rainbow sighed but did as she was told anyway. She commanded the broom, mop, and bucket of water to tidy the place up. Meanwhile, Fluttershy put together three layers of cake and set the frosting going. Applejack fixed the dress so it was sewn in a beautiful style. It was still pink though, and Rainbow was quick to make it blue. Seeing this, Applejack fought back and changed the color back to pink. The two soon began a magic fight while Fluttershy watched amusedly.

While it was true that all the doors and windows were closed, the fireplace wasn't blocked, and the magic bounced off the surfaces until it reached the top of the chimney. The women didn't realize that Adagio's sisters, Aria and Sonata was still searching for the missing princess, and when it saw the magic, it became suspicious. They flew over towards the cottage and watched as the beautiful Violet made her return.

When the three women inside heard footsteps, they knew what was happening. They put the finishing touches on their work and hid in the shadows so their lovely girl wouldn't see them.

"Aunt Applejack!" Violet called as she walked into the cottage. "Aunt Fluttershy! Aunt Rainbow Hmm...where are they? ...Oh!" She suddenly saw the cake and dress (Rainbow had won the fight.) and gasped excitedly when her caretakers appeared.

"SURPRISE!" they cheered, bursting forward from the shadows. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

"Oh my!" Violet laughed. "Thank you all so much. This is the happiest day of my life! Just wait until you meet him."

The women stopped. "Him?" Fluttershy repeated. "You've met a stranger?"

"Oh, he's not a stranger. We've met before."

"You have?" Applejack asked. "When?"

"Once upon a dream." Violet took Fluttershy hands and danced with her about the room, singing to the tune she and the young man had sung to.

Fluttershy eyes widened. "She's in love!"

"Oh, this is terrible," Applejack mumbled.

Violet glanced confusedly at the women. "Why? After all, I'm sixteen."

"It isn't that. You're already betrothed."

"...What?"

"To Prince Donatello!"

Violet shook her head. "No, that's impossible. In order for me to marry a prince, I'd have to be...!"

"A princess!" Rainbow Dash finished.

"And you are!" Fluttershy replied.

"Princess Rarity. Tonight, we're taking you back to your father King Raphael."

Rarity bit her lip. "No, you can't! He's coming here tonight, and...!"

"I'm sorry," Applejack murmured, "but you must never see that young man again."

Rarity suddenly burst into tears and ran up to her room. "NO, NO!" she cried, throwing herself onto her bed and sobbing into the pillow.

What no one knew was that the two sisters was well on its way back to the Forbidden Mountain, and it had news for Adagio.

Back at the palace, things were not all that well either. King Raph sighed. "There's still no sign of Rarity..."

Of course not, she won't be back till the sunset and you will see your daughter again." Said King Casey." Aw come my friend tried to cheer up, I know it's been a long time that your daughter has to be raised by fairies because of Adagio's spell you'll see her again, I just know it."

"Thanks, Casey but are you sure that my daughter should marry your son I mean he is great and all but my daughter hasn't met your son for 16 years." Said King Raph.

"Oh it's alright I mean once my son see's how beautiful your daughter is he will sure to marry her I promise, so let's cheers." Said King as he and King Raph was going to get more wine. But when they looked for more wine, they found the servant sleeping under the table, drunk as anything.

Suddenly, there was an announcement. "His Majesty, Prince Donatello!"

King Casey smiled excitedly and ran down to the entrance of the palace to meet with his son. It was none other than the young man Rarity had met in the forest! "Father!" he called as his horse slowed down. "I've met my future bride!"

Casey eyes flew open. "What? Where?"

"Once upon a dream."

"Princess Rarity?! Oh, I must tell Inoichi!"

Donatello grinned. "I never said it was Rarity."

"Eh...but you...!"

"I'm going to marry this girl from the forest. She's a peasant girl, I guess."

"WHAT?!" Casey grabbed onto his son. "No, Donatello, you can't do this! You're ruining me! You must marry Princess Rarity. It's only right!"

"Oh, Father," Donatello laughed, "come on. It's the 14th century, and I'm going to marry the girl I love!" With that, he hopped back on his horse and made his way back to the forest.

Casey stared. "Raph's not going to like this..."