Chapter 2: Rarity and the Prince

Many sad and lonely years passed, but as the time of the princess's sixteenth birthday drew near, the kingdom began to rejoice. They knew that, as long as Adagio's hideout, the Forbidden Mountain, rumbled with her anger and frustration, her prophecy had not been fulfilled.

"IT'S INCREDIBLE!" the black fairy cried. "Sixteen years have passed, and there isn't a trace of her!" She turned to her minions, a pack of little demons, and growled, "Are you sure you searched EVERYWHERE?" Said Adagio.

Her minions said yes, they look at mountains,the forests, the houses and, every cradle. That got Adagio really surprised and then she turned to her two sisters, Aria and Sonata.

"Did you hear that, My Two Sisters? All these years...they've been looking for a baby..." She suddenly burst out into hysterical laughter, but that disappeared in an instant. Enraged, she sent her magic crashing down to the demons, forcing them to hide. "They're such disgraces. My Sisters, you're my last hope. Search for a maiden of sixteen with Shiny purple hair and lips as red as a rose. Go and do not fail me..." Said Adagio as her two sisters went to look for the missing princess.

For sixteen years, the whereabouts of the princess remained a mystery while the three good fairies raised King Raph's child as their own in a tiny cottage. They called her "Violet" as in a beautiful purple flower. On this, her sixteenth birthday, the fairies planned a special surprise for the young woman.

"How about this one?" Rainbow Dash pointed to a picture in a book of dresses."No, I like this one." Applejack  pointed to another picture. "We'll just have to change a few things about it, just some details." Then Fluttershy  giggled. "Oh, she'll look beautiful in that."

"We'll make it blue. Said Rainbow Dash."No, pink," Applejack  insisted. "Now all we have to do is get her out of the house."

"Get WHO out of the house?" Said a women. The three women turned, and there was none other than Violet herself. She had grown into the most beautiful of ladies over the years with Purple hair, blue eyes, and bright red lips. She smiled as she made her way towards the table. "What are you up to?" Asked Violet.

Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Fluttersly exchanged nervous glances until the woman dressed in blue picked up an empty basket. "We want you to pick some berries! That was all we meant!" Said Rainbow Dash."Oh yes, berries! Lots of berries!" Applejack and Fluttershy agreed.

Violet raised an eyebrow. "But I picked berries yesterday."We need more!" Applejack  replied hastily. She threw a shawl over the purple girl's shoulders and shooed her out the house. "We need lots of berries."

"Don't go too far!" Fluttershy  continued."And don't talk to strangers!" Rainbow Dash added. "Goodbye!" She and the others waved until Violet was out of sight. She then turned back to them. "Do you think she suspects us?" Ask Rainbow Dash.

"No way," the Applejack  laughed. "Now then, let's get to work. We'll need a cake and a dress, ones that a princess can be proud of!"I'll get the wands!" Rainy announced as she ran upstairs.

Applejack  stopped her. "No, no magic."But the sixteen years are almost over!" Said Rainbow Dash ." We're not taking any chances." Said Applejack." But I've never baked a fancy cake before." Said Rainbow.

"I'm baking the cake!" Fluttershy  cheered."And I'm making the dress," Sakura explained. "Rainbow , stand up on that stool. You'll be the dummy." Rainbow did as she was told reluctantly. "But...Fluttershy  can't cook...and, Applejack , you can't sew."

"Oh, it's easy!" the woman in green laughed. "You just follow the book."

Applejack  threw a wave of pink fabric over Rainbow  and started to cut holes out of it. Fluttershy  started to mix the flour together with the other ingredients, not understanding the importance of measuring properly (She even folded two eggs into the dough without cracking them.). Once Rainbow was able to look out from the dress, she frowned. "It's...pink."