Goodbye Joesphina

Joey POV

I sat in the waiting room of the hospital. Today's surgery day. My body will finally match my who I actually am. After months of prescribed testosterone and layering sports bras so my boobs don't show it all comes down to this day.

When I first told people I wanted to be a boy I was shocked by the positivity. My only negative encounter was with my now ex boyfriend, Caleb. He said and I quote, "I don't date guys"

"Joesphina Michelle Graceffa?" I hear the nurse call. I stand up. She motions for me to follow her down the hallway. She leads me into a room with a bed in the middle. "Lie down and then we'll inject the anesthesia."

As I lie down I see the nurse come in with a cart. On the cart there is a needle full of clear liquid.

"Okay so now I will inject the anesthesia. It might hurt a little at fist but then it will soon subside." The nurse says as she walks over to me. She injects the needle and I automatically feel the burning sensation but it fades just as fast as it came.

My body starts to feel numb as more seconds pass. First my arms, then my chest, then it spreads to my legs, lastly it goes to my head. I feel my eyelids feel heavier and heavier. I finally gave up trying to fight the anesthesia and I black out.

++++++++++++++++++++

AFTER THE SURGERY

++++++++++++++++++++

I feel myself finally wake up. I felt like it was hard to breathe and there was an awful pounding in my head. As I start to open my eyes I am struck with a bright white light.

"He's awake." I hear a male voice say that I don't recognize. I was so happy to hear that he said he's awake instead of she's awake. The surgery worked.

My eyes scan across the room. I see a baby blue curtain to my right, a brown chair to left, and a white dry erase board in front of me. The wall were painted plain white and there was a buzzing noise coming from the lights.

"Did it work?" Was the first thing that came out of my mouth.

A man dressed as the nurse before the surgery smiled, "yes it did."

I felt tears of joy prick the corner of my eyes. "Can I get a mirror?"

The male nurse walked out of my room. He returned to my room about two minutes later. "Here." He said while handing me the mirror.

I take the mirror and look into it. I gasp in shock. My once short bob cut was now a quiff with shaven sides, my cheek bones and jawline were prominent due to the testosterone, slight scruff scattered my upper lip and jawline and chin, my neck was bandaged because part of surgery was to make my Adam's apple bigger, my collar bone was prominent like my cheek bones, my chest was bandaged up due to the breast reduction surgery, my left arm was bandaged up because they need the skin on my forearm to create genitalia (his dick), and my groin was bandaged up. Bruises were scattered all along my body. To say I looked like a mess would be an understatement.

"Wow." I said while handing the mirror to the nurse. "It really worked."

"It did." He placed the mirror on the brown chair.

"I'm sorry but I have a few questions." I told the nurse.

"Go ahead. By the way, my name is Daniel, Daniel Preda. I'll be your nurse for the rest of your stay."