18- Broken

A/N- Hey you guys, since this story hit 10K and, like I mentioned earlier, I'm waiting until I finish this book to do a bonus chapter, so here's a surprise update instead!! Spill by Republic of Wolves

It's been a week since Tyler snapped at me.

It's been three days since our last practice.

It's been two days since we've last spoken.

He won't answer my texts; he won't pick up when I call; nothing. When I was around him, he seemed a little on edge the whole time.

He'd mess up while playing or have trouble thinking about the next line in a song and just get really angry. He never got angry at me; he only ever got mad at himself. I read over the last text I sent him for the fifth time. He'd read it, but he never answered.

Josh- Hey Ty, please answer me I'm starting to get worried. I know we haven't known eachother very long, but if you need to talk I'm here to listen. You're welcome to come over, we could meet somewhere, or I could come to your place whatever you want to do, but please, just say something.

Did I freak him out?

Was I too forward?

I was just trying to be helpful and nice. I shook my head and stood up from the couch. I slid on my shoes, grabbed my wallet, and headed out the door.

When I'm stressed I crave caffeine; I'm really stressed right now and don't want to be alone so I'll just go down to the shop. I walked there, knowing the sunshine would do me some good.

I didn't listen to music this time, enjoying the sounds of the birds and people around me. I kept an eye out for little Patrick, but didn't see him by the time I reached the shop.

I got an iced coffee to go and made my way to the park to walk around and process my thoughts. When I got to the lake, I sat on a bench in the shade, not far from the tree where Tyler normally busks.

He wasn't there today.

I watched the sun glitter on the water and the ducks swimming lazily along the surface of the water as I absentmindedly sipped my coffee.

As much as I hate to even think this, but if I don't hear anything from Tyler in a week or so, I might have to find a new band.

Again.

If I don't hear anything from Tyler by tomorrow, I'm going to his house no matter what. I have to know if he's even still around. He could've left town for all I know. Or worse. No Josh, don't let your mind go there. Don't make assumptions.

I stood up, threw away my empty cup, and was getting ready to walk back home, when just ahead of me on the path I saw some familiar fluffy brown hair. I ran up to him as fast as I could, and went around him so I was standing right in front of hm.

There's no way he can ignore me now.

At first he looked confused, but when he registered that it was me his eyes went wide and he froze in his tracks. I crossed my arms over my chest and I broke the silence.

"Why have you been ignoring me? Even just a simple ok would've have been nice! I've been worried about you! Did I do something wrong? Tell me whatever it was so I can make sure to not do that again, but I really want us- this band- to work. That can't happen if you won't even talk to me! I know I barely know you but-"

"Exactly! You barely know me!" He shouted, catching me off guard.

"So leave me alone! I don't need you hovering over me all the time! All you're doing is making things worse! My anxiety is flaring up and you constantly bugging me is not helping anything so just back off, ok?!"

I couldn't help the words that came flying out of my mouth in response.

"How am I supposed to know what to do when you won't freaking talk to me? A simple text saying my anxiety is bad we need to take a break would've been fine! I would've understood and left you alone as much as you needed me to, but you left me in the dark! I didn't even know if you were still alive, damn it!"

"Well I'm sorry my anxiety is such a burden on you!"

"That's not what I said and you know it, stop putting words in my mouth!"

"Josh, you're out of the band! I thought we could make this work but you're no different than how you were when we first met! You're an immature child who thinks of no one but himself!"

At first I froze up and panicked at his words, but then my anger flared up even more.

"Fine then, that doesn't bother me a bit! I thought you were much more mature but obviously I was wrong! Thank God my drums are at my place right now so I don't have to go back to your place, 'cause God I don't want to be around you anymore!"

Without waiting for another response, I turned my back on him and began to walk, or should I say trudge, home. I was muttering under my breath the whole time and didn't look back once.

When I finally got back to my apartment, I angrily slammed the door shut and let out a yell of frustration. Just when I think things are looking up, life knocks me back down.

Maybe I will just have to go to college and get a "real job." I sat on the couch and watched movies for the rest of the evening until I was tired enough to go to bed.

Around three in the morning I heard knocking on my door. Rapid intense knocking. I groggily pulled myself out of my bed and shuffled my way to the door.

"Calm down, I'm awake!" I called out, my irritation from earlier still hanging around. I unlocked the door and swung it open. I don't know who I was expecting, but it definitely wasn't Fluffy.

He stood in front of me; his frame was shaking, lips trembling, and eyes bloodshot. He looked like a mess.

"I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't be here but...I...had no one else...it was getting to be too much and I..."

He broke out into tears again and swayed slightly. I reached out and grabbed his arm to steady him. I may be a jerk sometimes, but I'm not cruel enough to abandon someone when they're like this, no matter what they've said to me.

I gently led him inside over to the couch and sat him down. He immediately threw his arms around me and started crying into my shoulder. I was shocked, but returned his hug anyways.

This should be interesting.