6- Awkward

A/N- CAT ON THE BALCONY HAS HIT 20K WHATTTTT?????? That's a big number!!! So here's a surprise update, sorry that this one is a little bit shorter than the others!

I can't believe this. At first he didn't notice me, but he turned to see who had just come in. When we made eye contact a scowl appeared on his face that mimicked mine. I walked over to him and he stood up so we were almost eye to eye with each other; he was slightly taller than me.

Ok, I know I'm supposed to be mad at him right now, but I can't help but notice that fact the he smells really good.

He's still an ass though.

"Fluffy." I said monotonously.

"Thief." He responded with about the same level of enthusiasm

"Thief?! I'm not the thief here! I paid for that box, and you're the one who plowed me over in the parking lot and stole them from me! After I paid for them!" I said, trying my hardest not to yell so we wouldn't get kicked out of the shop. I still needed to meet with Tyler.

"You stole them from me before all of that! I obviously had the box first, and then you took them from me! The only reason you ended up buying them is because of those stupid security guards! They should've just thrown you out too!" He said, using and movements to accentuate certain points he was trying to make.

"Tyler!" The barista behind the counter called out before I could get another word in.

Fluffy scowled at me before turning away and going over to the counter to pick up the drink. Oh shit. He's Tyler?! No way in hell am I playing music with him. Wait, I better make sure he's the right Tyler; I mean there could be more than one Tyler in the shop.

Please let there be more than one Tyler in the shop...

When he came back over, drink in hand, I spoke once again.

"You're name is Tyler?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Yes, why?"

"I'm Josh." His eyes widened in surprise at this information, the angry look on his face replaced by one of disbelief.

That confirmed that he was in fact the Tyler I was coming here to meet. He looked all around the shop, doing anything to avoid making eye contact with me, before finally saying something.

"Well...this is a little awkward." He took a sip of his coffee and looked down at the ground.

"Um, do you still want to talk?" he asked.

"Huh?" My eyes widened at his questioned, and I'm pretty sure my jaw dropped a bit. Why the hell did he still want to talk with me? He tackled me to the floor over gummies for crying out loud! And he still wants to talk?

"C'mon dude, we're two adult men who want to make it big in the music industry, something that whenever you tell people it's what you want to do they like to tell you it'll never work. I'm guessing you've heard that more than a couple times?" He asked with a pointed look.

"Yeah, I have. Mostly from family members..." I begrudgingly admitted.

"Then we should be able to put a box of fruit snacks behind us long enough to at least talk a bit. If we still don't get along, fine. We don't ever have to talk to each other again. But for now let's try to be more mature than we were at the store and just talk. Get to know each other more and talk through things. What do you say?"

I thought about it for a moment. I was honestly surprised by his response. Judging by how he was acting a couple weeks ago, I wouldn't have thought he was capable of such a mature and well reasoned response.

I almost had no choice but to take him up on his offer. I wanted to know more about this guy.

"Fine. Let me go get some coffee then we can talk." I answered.

He gave me a short nod and then sat back down at the table he was at when I first walked into the shop. I walked up to the counter and placed my order. Not wanting to go back over there with Tyler just yet, I hung out by the counter while they were making my drink.

After they called my name, I reluctantly headed over to the table where Tyler sat. I wasn't quite sure what to expect from him now.

I sat down across from him, not sure what to say or how to start this off. I awkwardly took a sip of my drink so I wouldn't have to speak, but he did the same. We both kept looking down at the table, trying to avoid the other person's gaze. Just like in the store, he was the first one to break the tension filled silence.

"So uh Josh, I guess we could start out by just getting to know eachother a little bit? How about one person asks a question, we both answer it, and then the other person asks a question, so on and so forth."

"Sounds good to me, you can start it off I guess."

"Ok, um, let's see here..."

A/N- I've had to start a diet and I'm dying :( I miss bread.... it's not for weight related reasons though, as part of a chronic condition I recently found out I have, my body is more resistant to insulin which makes me higher risk for diabetes, so I have to start eating pretty low carb. But for the first 2 weeks I can't eat any bread, fruit, or potatoes. Those are like my favorite things. I cri.