8- Park

A/N- Posting this while I'm on my way to see Panic! At the Disco for the first time ever!! I'm so excited you guys, ahhhhhh!!! Also, Yøu Ønly Live Twice has hit 6K, and Cat on the Balcony has hit 25K!! ALSO HEATHENS OML♡♡♡♡

Tyler's POV

It was the morning after I met with Josh. We got along surprisingly well considering the tension between us before hand. We talked for hours and exchanged numbers at the end.

I'm going to text him later today to plan out another time to meet, where we would actually discuss moving forward as band and hopefully not get distracted like we did last night.

I woke up around ten and immediately went into the kitchen to make myself a cup of coffee. While it brewed I went about digging through my fridge and cabinets to find something to eat.

I didn't bother with trying to be quiet, my parents were at work and my siblings were at school. I eventually settled on scrambling some eggs and putting a couple of pieces of bread in the toaster.

After I finished eating, I took the remnants of my coffee to my bedroom with my while I got dressed for the day. I was going to go busking at the park today with my ukulele. I go a few times a month to get some extra cash and get my name out there a little bit more.

It was going to be on the warmer side today, so I settled for a plain black tank-top, skinny jeans, and my vans. I put my uke in its little case and headed out to my car, coffee still in hand.

When I reached the park I headed to a more shady area underneath a huge oak tree. I took my uke out of the case and set the case open in front of me for people to put money in.

I started playing an original song, tapping my foot along to the rhythm as I began to sing. It didn't take long for people to stop and listen. I almost always got great responses when I came here.

After a few hours my hands needed a break. I sat cross-legged on the ground by my case and took a sip from the water bottle I picked up on the way over here. I took a deep breath and leaned back, propping myself up with one hand while the other held the water bottle.

I was taking in the scenery of the park, when something came out of nowhere and collided with me. It knocked me sideways, spilling my water bottle all over the ground.

I groaned in discomfort and annoyance as I pulled myself back into a sitting position. What the heck was that? I looked over to my left and saw a little boy standing up and brushing the dirt off of his clothes. He leaned down and picked up his tiny fedora, plopped it on his head, and then turned to face me.

"I'm so sorry sir! I was playing catch with my friend Pete and I was running backwards so I wasn't looking and I'm really sorry-" I gently cut him off, the poor thing looked really panicked.

"It's ok little guy, I'm not mad. It was just an accident and no one got hurt. You're fine, I promise." I said with a kind smile.

I could see the relief fill his face as he heaved out a breath. Before anymore could be said, another little boy with black hair came running up to us and stopped next to the boy in the hat. I assume that this little guy is Pete.

"You ok 'Trick? You totally plowed that guy over." He asked with wide eyes looking back and forth between us.

"I'm ok Pete," he said quietly as his pudgy little cheeks flushed red. I smiled at the sight of them. I looked over and saw a small red ball teetering slightly in the grass. I reached out, picked it up, and held it to the boys.

"Here you go, I'm Tyler by the way." Pete reached out and took the ball from my hand.

"Hi! I'm Pete and this is Patrick, sometimes he's shy. Sometimes he's not, I don't know why though. But he's my best bud." I let out a small laugh.

"Well it's nice to meet the both of you. I'll let you guys get back to your game now, try not to run into anyone else!" Pete laughed while Patrick blushed again.

"No promises! C'mon 'Trick, my mom packed cookies in my lunch box!"

Pete ran off back towards the open field where other families were relaxing. Patrick gave me a small wave and a soft good bye before running after Pete, his hand gripping his little hat to keep it from flying off of his head. Those two were absolutely adorable!

I shook my head and pulled my phone out of my pocket and sent a quick text to Josh, asking him when and where he wanted to meet. He answered after a couple of minutes, asking to meet Thursday at the same coffee shop.

What was today? Today is Tuesday...yeah Thursday will work. I quickly texted him back before sliding my phone back into my pocket and standing up to play some more.

After two more hours, my stomach convinced me it was time to pack up and head out. I'm starving. I didn't feel like cooking, as usual, so I decided to stop and get something on my way home. The only restaurant I pass is Taco Bell, but I'm not complaining. My friends and I actually wrote a song about Taco Bell a couple years ago.

I pulled into the parking lot and went inside. I looked around and noticed a familiar brown, curly Mohawk sitting at a table by the window. He didn't notice me.

I went up to the counter and ordered my food. After it came, I walked over to Josh's table.

"Mind if I take a seat?" I asked. My voice startled him, causing him to jump slightly. When he realized it was just me, a smile spread on his face.

"Of course not! Go right ahead, it'll help make me look less pathetic," he said with a small chuckle as he wiped his mouth with a napkin.

I laughed and took the seat across from him. We talked for a bit. Well, mostly it was Josh talking while I nodded my head as I ate my food. That was fine though, it was nice to just listen.

When we parted ways, I felt a small ache in my chest as I watched him get into his car. I shook my head slightly, I must've just imagined it. I've just met the guy and I'm straight....right?

A/N- I got tagged again so if you want a tiny look into my music check it out :) also I was thinking about doing this, but if you guys want I can start putting up a song each day that I like, they won't go along with the story or anything but you guys might be able to find a new artist that you like or something. So yeah, if you want me to start doing that let me know ^-^