"Yeah I mean it shows how animalistic some of us are. I mean the guy they go to see is a completely asshole to them even though he knows they have cancer. And it shows the nature of how people deal with the lose of people they love, and how they deal with dying itself." I explained to her. I honestly was really happy with how quick I was able to think of an answer like that.

"You know Luke we haven't been together in a dating sense for long. And yet I know you so well. And even thought that was a good cover up, I know your lying." She said to me as she set the book down, and crossed her arms as she looked at me.

"Okay you caught me, I wasn't really reading that book." I admitted to her as I put my towel in the hamper.

"No really?" She asked me sarcastically.

"Okay I deserve that." I said to her with a smile. She smiled back at my words.

"So what was it?"

"What was what?" I asked her as I walked over to where she was.

"What was the reason for you being so behind. I mean it's just not like you."

"It's nothing I truly was just really lost in thought." I said to her with a smile.

"About what?" She questioned me.

"It's nothing really. Come on we're already late for our dinner reservations." I said to her as I tried to get her out of my room. But she side stepped me and moved further into my room.

"I am not leaving this room until I know why you are so upset." She said to me as she sat down on my bed.

"I am not upset."

"Yes you are. Whatever you have been thinking about today has upset you. It's all over you face, so just go ahead and tell me what it is." She said to me causing me to groan.

"I really don't think this is something we should be talking about." I said to her. I honestly didn't want to get it into this at the moment. I mean we have only been dating for a few weeks, the last thing I needed to do was bring up Danielle.

"I think it is. Listen Luke I really like you, like really like you. But I know that there is something bothering you. Ever since a few weeks ago you have been acting so weird and like you want to be here with me, but you don't at the same time. I think I deserve to know what is making you act like this." She said to me.

I could tell she was upset when she spoke. I could feel it when she spoke. The last thing I wanted to do was to hurt her. I just didn't want to bring up what was wrong with me to her. Because that was going to also hurt her. But I guess I couldn't keep it a secret for much longer. And I honestly wasn't any good at lying.

I walked over to my bed, and sat down so I was facing her. "Gabby I think your amazing. I think you should know that before I say anything. I truly do like you, I like you a lot. It's just I still have feelings for someone. Not really strong ones, just ones that sometimes make an appearance." I explained to her.

She nodded her head at my words. "It's Danielle, isn't it?" She questioned me. I nodded my head at her words. She shock her head at my actions. "I think I should go." She said to me as she started to get up. I immediately grabbed her arm to stop her, and got up as well.

"Please Gabby don't go. I only told you this because you asked me to. I wasn't going to bring it up because it's irrelevant to me now. Just because I still have some feelings for her, doesn't mean I don't have feelings for you. I really do like you Gabby." She still shock her head at my words.

"Luke I don't want to be that girl. I don't want to be the girl who watches her boyfriend pine over his ex. The girl who tries everything to make her boyfriend want her more then his ex, only to get her heart broken because her boyfriend choose to be with his ex. I don't want to be that girl, infract I am not going to be that girl." She said to me as she pulled her arm out of my grasp.