Prologue

Hey guys, this is the first fanfiction I've ever put online so I'm sorry if it sucks. Please bear with me and enjoy! :)

Meliodas' POV: I walk around the Boar Hat, making sure no one is trying to leave without paying. Ban is in the kitchen, and whatever he's cooking smells delicious, while Diane is outside attracting customers. Hawk is eating scraps eagerly, Gowther is waiting tables, and Merlin is with Elizabeth in town getting more supplies, since it's our last night here. We're on our way to Camelot to help Arthur out and find our seventh sin. Everything is good right now. Finally, I go back behind the bar and start cleaning mugs and plates that are well worn with use and let my mind wander. Immediately, they go to Elizabeth. I chuckle under my breath and go with it. I think back to when we went back to get her. I honestly hadn't expected her to jump out the window. Especially in that dress! She's constantly surprising me. I'm rather proud of that actually, considering that I'm not usually surprised about anything. Her strength, innocence, and beauty alone can cause the strongest man to fall to his knees and that's just at first glance. Over the few months I've gotten to know her, I've discovered her selflessness, bravery, and her power. That one was a real shocker. The woman I fell in love with, both me and my demonic side, was an apostle of the goddesses. I shake my head at the pure irony. Speaking of Elizabeth, when was she going to get back? " Hey, Ban! How long ago did Elizabeth and Merlin leave?" I yell to the kitchen. Ban sticks his head out to answer " How the hell would I know Captain? You've got me in here slaving away!" Gowther raises his hand and answers " Captain, they left an hour ago. They should be back soon." I nod and finish wiping down the bar. Finally, I hear the woosh of Merlin's magic and feel two familiar presences in the bar. I look over and smile at the silver haired girl. " Elizabeth! You're back! Did everything go well?" I ask as I bound over and grope her chest. " M-Meliodas-sama! Everything went fine. We got all the stuff you asked for..." She said softly as she started turning red. So cute. " Good. Well, we're closed for the night so we can all rest up now." I declare as the tavern empties. Ban and King immediately start bickering and Gowther observes them quietly. Diane starts eating and Merlin goes off to who knows where. I can feel her presence somewhere off into the woods we're next to. I spot Elizabeth walking quietly outside and so, I follow her. She sits down and I sit next to her. " Meliodas-sama? Could I, I mean, could I stay with you after we're done finding everyone? " She almost trips over her words in her hurry to get them out. My eyes widen in shock and I look at her. She's bright red as she tries to convince me. " I mean, I know I'm not the best waitress and I'm actually pretty useless most of the time, but I don't want to leave and this place is kinda my new home and I don't want to leave you either because i lo-" she freezes. I start to smirk and, taking a chance, I pin her under me. With a smile, I ask " what was that? I didn't quite hear." I lean closer, until our breath mingles together between us. I honestly don't expect her to say anything. She's shown me over and over again that she loves me too. But like I said before, she always surprises me. Her beautiful face is red but her face becomes determined and she takes a deep breath and declares clearly " I love you Meliodas." Then, she reaches up and pulls me down and our lips meet. My eyes slide shut automatically and enjoy the light touch of her lips on mine. She tastes like a wonderful mix of vanilla and cinnamon and she smells like a camellia flower. Sweet but with a hint of spice. I pull back just slightly for air and looking into her beautiful face, I whisper " Me too." And she smiles. " You idiot, that's how you say you love her?! Show her a little romance, you Baka!" Someone yells and I look up from my position to see literally everyone watching. Hawk was the one who called out. I look down at Elizabeth again and laugh as I see her covering her face in embarrassment. I get up and hold out my hand to her. She takes it without hesitation. Everyone crowds around us, congratulating us on finally admitting our feelings. I break free and sit, watching my family together, all troubles forgotten for the moment and think " what could possibly go wrong?"

Ok, that was my prologue so tell me how it was! Btw, I don't own seven deadly sins or the characters. I wish though! Anyways, hope you enjoyed!