Gordie Lachance • Stand by Me

[In school short romance.]

I sit in solemn bliss, listening to the sound of tinkling piss. (Credit to whoever wrote this on a stall at my school)

Gordie laughs at your short poem for class and you join in, causing the teacher to glare at the both of you. "That's great," Gordie whispers.

"What are you guys laughing about?" Chris asks from beside Gordie. He reads your poem and then laughs just as hard as Gordie. You were all glad Chris decided to take the College Courses. You met the both of them this year, as they were both in some of your classes, although this was the only class with all three of you together.

You all sat at the same table in the back. Chris still felt awkward with all the "rich kids", or so he called them and couldn't take the stares when he sat in the front. You met Gordie first in your math class and then he introduced you to Chris in English. Gordie then started asking you to hang out with them when they had study sessions. Some of your girlfriends gave you a hard time about hanging out with them, but you thought they were nice enough. Especially Gordie. You also both liked writing and shared your works frequently.

"Here, read my poem," Gordie tells you. You smile and take his paper.

She held the pencil lightly,
Creating creases in the paper.
He gazed with awe at her words,
Never hearing them before.

She walked down the halls,
Making marks with each step.
He never said a word,
Until he couldn't hold it in.

She looked upon him,
Seeing something different...
Or so he always hoped,
Inside of his dreams during the night.

She would say yes in an instant,
Reading his favorite poem.
He asked in words of lead,
Will you go out with me?

Gordie's poem made you smile widely. He liked your writing. He liked... you. He wanted to go out with you. You turned to Gordie and nodded. He smiled and you could even see that his ears were red.

Chris caught you both staring at each other. "Did I miss something?" He asked. You giggled as the teacher began walking to your table.

"Is there a problem here? Lachance, Chambers, L/N..." The class was staring at you all.

"Yes," Gordie said. "I think I need to see the nurse."

"And why is that?"

Gordie's ears get red and he says, "Because my girlfriend is cute enough to stop my heart."