Thirty-Nine

"Albus! Don't forget Mal!" Ginny called to her younger son, who was running towards his friends already. Another year on Platform 9 3/4. This time, it was Lily's first year attending Hogwarts, and she had a lot of pressure on her to be sorted in Gryffindor. Her two brothers and all of her cousins had been in Gryffindor.

"Mum?" A nervous Lily asked, tugging on Ginny's jacket sleeve.

"Yes, dear?" She said distractedly, as it was nearly time for the train to leave and she had lost sight of Harry, James, and Albus in the crowd.

"What if I'm in Slytherin?" She asked, her eyes widening.

"Sweetheart, it doesn't matter what house you're in. Wherever you are is the best fit for you, alright?" Ginny pulled her only daughter into a tight hug. She wasn't going to be in Slytherin, Ginny knew it. She was too sweet for a snake.

"But what if Hugo gets Gryffindor and I don't?" Lily asked, her face fearful. "What if we're not together?"

"Lily, either way, both of you are going to make new friends. No matter what house you're in, you two will always be family." Ginny smoothed Lily's hair down and zipped up her jumper.

"Ready to go, Lilypad?" Harry asked, approaching his wife and daughter with James and Albus.

"Yeah." Lily said unconvincingly.

"Al, for Merlin's sake, take your bloody ferret." Ginny said impatiently, handing Albus the cage. "James, here's your owl, and take Lily's too."

"Mum! Why do I have to take her owl, too?" Fifteen-year old James asked impatiently.

"Because she's your little sister!"

"Ugh, alright. But only because she's my little sister." James said irritably. "And because I'm a prefect." He snorted, pulling the badge out of his pocket.

"Don't lose your badge, James!" Ginny sighed, handing James his trunk.

"Time to go, kids." Harry said, checking his watch. "James." He said, opening his arms. James reluctantly gave his father a hug, then his mother.

"I love you, James. Be good, alright?" Ginny said, kissing his cheek.

"Okay, Mum."

"You too, Al." She said, giving her younger son a hug.

"I'm always good, Mum." He said cheekily, earning a kick from James.

"Al, you're never good." Scoffed Lily, tossing her long red hair. Gryffindor for sure.

"Yes I am, Lily!" Albus said before giving his dad a hug.

"Lily, come here." Ginny said, pulling her daughter into a hug. "I love you. Write a lot!"

"I love you too, Mum." Lily said, clinging to Ginny.

"Come here, you two." Harry said, pulling them into a group hug with James and Albus.

"Potter family group hug!" Ginny yelled. Just then, the train whistle sounded.

"Kids, go!" Harry said, ushering his children onto the train along with Hugo and Rose.

"Lily's almost as nervous as Al was." Ginny said to Harry as they were waving goodbye to the kids.

"I think more so, she has more to live up to." Harry said.

"She's not going to be in Slytherin. Her disposition is much too sweet."

"True. I just hope that wherever she ends up, she'll be happy." Harry grinned at his wife, his arm wrapping around her waist protectively.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lily Potter stood nervously in line as she waited for her name to be called. Over half of the first years had already been sorted.

"O'Brien, Clare!" A blonde girl walked up to the stool and sat down.

"RAVENCLAW!" She happily skipped down to the Ravenclaw table.

"Potter, Lily!" Lily walked up to the stool, trembling.

"Hmmm, a good mind, you have. You'd do well in Ravenclaw. But there's something special about you....better be GRYFFINDOR!" Lily grinned from ear to ear as she ran down to the Gryffindor table. She had gotten her wish. She nervously waited for Hugo to be called.

"Weasley, Hugo!"

"GRYFFINDOR!" He beamed and sat down next to Lily. They both knew their time at Hogwarts was going to be great.