Thirty

Neville Longbottom was sitting at his kitchen table when his wife, Hannah, saw the owl out the window.

"Neville, are you expecting an owl?"

"No, why?"

"There's a school owl right out the window." Neville stood up, and sure enough, there was a Hogwarts owl flying right to the window of the couple's flat above the Three Broomsticks, where Hannah was the barmaid. The owl landed on the sill and stuck it's leg out for Neville to untie the letter. He opened it up excitedly and read the text.

Dear Mr. Longbottom,

We are pleased to inform you that a teaching position is open at Hogwarts School of Wirchcraft and Wizardry that we would love for you to take. Professor Sprout, our Herbology teacher, has decided to retire after fifty years of teaching. That means that the Herbology teaching position is open. You would still be able to live in your home, as it is in Hogsmeade village. Please respond as soon as possible with your answer.

Headmistress Minerva McGonagall

"Hannah, McGonagall wants me to teach Herbology!" Neville cried, his face lighting up.

"That's wonderful, love!" Hannah squealed. She was beyond excited for her husband, who's day to day activities consisted of moping around.

"I can still live here, too." Neville grinned.

"Well, you're going to accept, right?" Hannah smiled at her messy haired husband.

"If you're alright with it."

"Of course I am! Neville,this is a wonderful opportunity! You have to accept!" Hannah laughed.

"Of course I will!" Neville said, scooping up his beautiful brown haired wife and kissing her in joy. A month later, he started his first day at Hogwarts once again, except this time he was Professor Longbottom, Head of Gryffindor House.