Chapter twenty-one

Začať od začiatku

I prayed that my father was not waiting for me as I entered the first floor and cautiously scanned around.

I breathed out a sigh of relief when I saw, and heard, no one.

Thank god.

My shoulders dropped as my tense muscles relaxed and I then freely moved about the house with no worries.

I figured, that if no one was up already, then that meant that either my parents were still asleep, or that they had gone for work already.

I hoped for the latter.

I first dropped my shoes and bag off by the front door before heading for the kitchen to make myself some breakfast.

I grabbed a bowl out of the closeted, a spoon from the drawer, and the Honey Cheerios cereal box from the kitchen closet, as well as milk from the fridge, then poured myself a bowl and returned the milk to the fridge.

I then strolled over to the dinning room table and took a seat. I then began to eat my food quickly, as I knew I had to be at school soon enough.

I had just finished the last bit of cereal in the bowl when the sound of footsteps marching down the stairs reached my ears.

I froze and turned my head in the direction of the stairs, my brows furrowing with worry as I waited to see who it was that would appear.

My expression grew ugly as my father's figure appeared in my line of sight, and I couldn't help but think my luck was quite bad for me to have to deal with him so early in the day.

And I was so close to leaving too. If only he had decided to come down a good five minutes later, then I would not even be here anymore, and would instead be headed on my way to school.

As my father's eyes landed on me, I could see traces of disdain and annoyance clear in his eyes.

It was obvious to me what his thoughts were of me, it's not like he was exactly hiding his newfound disgust for me.

Actually, I can't even say that these feelings he has for me are newfound, because I'm sure that these negative feelings towards me have always been there, just disguised better.

"Let's go, I'm taking you to school," my father suddenly coolly said, startling me, and I could only stare at him, dumbfounded by what he said.

"What?" I questioned weakly, unease welling up in me as I frowned with slight confusion.

"I've revoked your driving privileges. From now on, I'll be driving you to and from school," Father said, shocking me further.

I was speechless. I could only open and close my mouth, protests on the tip of my tongue. However, I knew I couldn't refute his decision, as it was not within my abilities to do so.

I knew why my father was doing this, and it caused me to simmer with repressed rage.

My expression grew increasingly dark as I swallowed my anger, and could only hang my head as I picked up my place, utensils stacked on top, and headed over to the kitchen to wash them.

My mind raced the whole time as I scrubbed clean the plate and utensils, my thoughts on how I could possibly make this situation better.

Unfortunately, there was nothing I could do to brighten up this horrible predicament I've been placed in. Not only will this prevent me from being able to enjoy the freedom of going places whenever I wanted when I did have access to my car, it also meant that there will definitely be no chance for me to sneak some time in with Nathan.

I peeked over to the key holder by the door, only to see that my car keys were indeed not there. I only wished I had noticed this small detail earlier.

My hands tightened around the dish, nearly snapping it in half.

First my phone, now my car, what next?

I couldn't bare to find out...

Placing my plate into the dish washer, I struggled to compose myself, but I couldn't seem to calm my agitated nerves as I grew increasingly restless.

Lines creased my forehead as worry filled me.

I really can't do this!

He might have taken away my car, but I can still walk to and from school. Sure it will take a lot longer, but, it's a better option than having to go along with my father plans.

If I leave now, then I'll only be at most an hour late to school or so.

That's not bad at all.

I gazed over towards my dad, seeing if I could run while his back is turned, only to find his sharp, hawk eyes watching my every move, as if he knew what I was thinking.

Damn him, I thought sourly.

I knew then, that if I tried such a stunt, then then the consequences would be dearly.

Pressing my lips tightly into a thin line, I fished washing the dishes and reluctantly followed my father to the front door, where I shrugged my pack pack on and continued out the door and to my father's car, my head downcast the whole way.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sorry the chapter is so short everyone. I had thought it was longer before I posted it. So, to make up for this, the next chapter will be much longer. :)

Anyways, V/C/F!

Until next time, peace out!