P R E Q U E L

JEON JUNGKOOK

I watched on as she stood by the roadside, never once stopping to take a quick rest as she gives out the flyers to each and every single passers-by who was taking that street. One by one, she would always go up to them, take their hand in hers and with those sunken eyes, she would beg them incessantly for their help.

"My son's missing, please help me find him,"

I closed my eyes tight shut upon witnessing that. Although I am standing here still in one fine piece, I couldn't even confront her. Seeing her in such a frail state pained me a lot and my heart ached even more especially when those rowdy youngsters who couldn't care less shoved her aside. Being how weak she was, she of course lost her balance and fell onto the ground after which.

"Eomma!"

However, somebody else was quick enough to steal my line and looking up, I found the young boy scurrying towards her side in no time. He laid his bag down onto the ground swiftly and supporting her to a nearby bench which stood just outside the stall, he dusted away the debris that were stuck to her clothes before he cupped her face in hers.

"Eomma, gwaenchanhayo?"

"Ne, eomma gwaenchanhda", she felt for his small hands and then, she brought them down from her face.

"Jongsuk-ah, why are you always returning home late nowadays? Do you know that eomma is really worried about you?"

She cradled the boy in her arms when just then, another figure could be seen slowly approaching them from afar.

""Eommeo-nim, annyeonghasaeyo,"

Her eyes darted up to meet his and furrowing her brows, her eyes started swimming around nervously before she composed herself and eventually spoke to him.

"Oh. Officer Park, what brings you here today?"

The young officer gave a slight bow but giving her a solemn look, he soon replied,

"Eommeo-nim, I'm actually sent by my chief to inform you about something,"

She arched her eyebrow and waited for him to continue on.

"It's about Officer Jeon,"

From behind the wall, I saw her fist clenching tight upon hearing his words and even the kid who was lying in her arms previously responded by drawing away from her chest. With his eyes turning watery, his voice croaked when he asked Officer Park curiously,

"What about my hyung? Why didn't you tell me anything when you fetched me from school and drove me around for the past few days?"

Officer Park literally flinched at his questions. It took him a while to readjust himself and finally, clearing his throat, he forced himself to relay the news to the mother and her son.

"I'm afraid to inform you, Officer Jeon has passed", as he spoke, he gradually lifted his head up, gazing at me so intensely but all I could do was to lower my head down in shame.

Eomma, Jongsuk-ie, I'm sorry.

Tears were threatening to fall and as I continued watching the three embrace one another in sorrow, it was then I felt an arm swung over my shoulders.

"Yo John, whatchu looking at?"

I quickly wiped away the rim of tears when he appeared. And then, in a soft muffled voice, I replied the dude,

"N-nothing,"

to be continued

to be continued

---
A/N:

Hehs. Hi all!

So this is sorta like the prologue for the prequel that I have mentioned in my author's note previously. Honestly speaking, I'm really hyped up about this Jungkook's side story but due to time constraint, I'm afraid that I will not be able to begin this story anytime soon. This is just a rough draft which I have came up with so if it sucked, I'm sorry lol.

Also, I actually need help with another thing. If I were to really start on this story, what should I name it? I really really suck at story titles so your opinions will be very much appreciated! And probably when the story title is finalised, then someone can help me with a story cover as well? I don't know hahaha. I feel like I'm being too ambitious but please help me! It will be be better if anyone is keen to write this story before me as I remain on my hiatus too! I will definitely give my support to you! Keep me updated ya!

And ps; if you have any trailers regarding any of my stories, do share with me as well so that I can spread this love.

Thanks a lot and saranghaeyo!<3

<3,

Wendy :D
10/7/16