22. Million Dollar Houses

Start from the beginning

I moved out of the way so that Vic and Jaime could bring in the sofas that would sit in the living room, Moving Lilah out of the way they placed the black fabric couch in front of the wall where the fireplace was, a seventy-four inch Samsung flat screen hung above the mantel.

By the time we carried in all the main furniture, like beds and tables, a crib for Lilah that my parents insisted on getting for when she comes to stay the night, I decided to start unpacking while Jaime was outside putting the last of the things in the garage with my dad.

I started in the kitchen and opened a box that said 'Plates and other things.' I began pulling out black glass plates with matching bowls, I scrunched up my eyebrows in confusion because this is a color my parents would never get, but nonetheless I kept unpacking them and put them near the sink to be washed and put away.

After putting the kitchen things away, I thought I'd start opening their picture frames and decorations for the living room, I sat on the couch and pulled over a box then cut it open, I then unwrapped a frame and was met with a picture of Jaime and I in the UK, "What the hell?" I ask out loud.

I pulled another picture frame out and saw that this one was of he, Lilah and I at his birthday party, one by one I pulled out the frames, seeing nothing but pictures of us and others of us and the guys. I quickly opened another box and found all my books inside along with our movies that we kept in our living room at the apartment.

I threw them down and rushed outside to see Jaime standing by himself with a piece of paper in hand, while everyone else was in the garage watching.

"Jaime, why are my things in those boxes?" I ask.

"Because I had to pack them, did you want me to leave them behind?" He asks in return.

"What are you talking about?"

Jaime walks over to me and turns me around to face the house, "Do you see this house?"

"Duh Jaime." I retort getting him to laugh.

"Well this, this is our house."

My eyes grow ten times wider and I quickly turn around to face Jaime, "What, are you serious?!"

He laughs and nods his head, I jump on him and wrap my arms and legs around him feeling tears stream down my cheeks.

"Do you like it?" Jaime asks into my hair.

"I fucking love it, I can't believe this right now."

I place my feet back down on the ground and wipe the tears from my eyes as Jaime shows me the piece of paper he held in his hands, "What's this?"

"This is the lease to the house, we just need your signature and you're officially a home owner."

I grab the pen he pulled out of his pocket and used his back as a table to sign the piece of paper making this whole thing official.

"Congratulations." Everyone begins to say as they give us hugs.

I watch as they start to bring in the other furniture like Jaime's pool table, piano, and other music things that they put inside the room with glass double doors.

Veronica and I finished unpacking with the girls who graciously helped, about two hours later, my brother walked in the house with food, all of us crowded around the kitchen and ate our burgers from In and Out then Jaime and I told everyone we could take the unpacking from here.

We saw everyone out and walked back to the living room to watch TV and relax a bit, Jaime had a cable guy install the cable and internet yesterday while I was at work, which I was thankful for because I need TV.