Seven

The chair itself was comfortable, but the close proximity of the two is what made Vik anxious.  As he entered the shop for the first time, it felt empty; he was expecting much more than what he was met with. The walls were decorated with dark, beautiful designs and light fixtures loomed over, yet a dainty and fragile cream design to contrast the rebellious walls. Vik thought they fit well.

However, the main physical elements of the shop seemed to be missing. There were only 3 chairs, along with the trays of needles and ink, scattered about the area, plus, Simon and him appeared to be the only ones inside.

Following towards the chair in the middle of the room, Vik gently sat down and continued to evaluate his surroundings while Simon cleansed and double checked his needle and the rest of the required supplies.

As he flipped through the design book he was offered, he couldn't focus. The tattoo on Simon's left ring finger caught Vik's eye. Pretending to actually contemplate the decision, he made out the words in worn cursive that laid gracefully along the inside of the finger.

reserved

Vik smiled at the thought, returning to browsing the book. After a few solid minutes of nothing, Simon gained his attention and directed to his arm as he pulled up his black sweater sleeve. Vik felt his facial features automatically perk up when he saw the beautiful geometric flower design Simon wore. While the taller gazed off, obviously distracted by his own thoughts, Vik couldn't tear his eyes away from what he believed to be the most beautiful tattoo he'd ever seen.

"Can I have that one?" he asked, distracted by the thought of the tattoo on his own arm.

"Of course."

Outstretching his arm, Vik turned it over to give Simon access to the place his wanted the ink to sit along the lower side of his forearm.

"Not yet." Simon chuckled, standing up. "I need a stencil first, but don't worry, it won't take long." he got up and walked through one of the few doors in the back of the shop, glancing around sadly as he did so.

After about 20 minutes, Simon returned with a thin paper with the design he had chosen printed across it. Using a towelette, the pale boy damped the area Vik had chosen for the placement and laid it atop his skin, confirming the correct alignment before pressing down thoroughly for a brief moment before peeling it away, leaving the pattern outlines on his skin.

"Ready?" Simon questioned, drifting off as he pulled out the sterilized needle from it's packaging.

"As I'll ever be."