We Never Spoke Of Having Children

Começar do início

"Goodbye," I hung up the phone.

                             It seems that a few more pieces of art had sold, more Finlay's than Niklaus'. I would have to get them to make some more. I was glad that I made this decision for our futures & to get her name out. I wanted her to be the successful artist that I knew she could be. I smiled remembering her reaction when I first told her about the gallery but then the opening night came to mind. That was the night that turned our whole world upside down.

                             I hadn't realised how angry I had become from that memory until I looked into my hand to see my phone crushed into several pieces. Great, just great, could anything else possibly go wrong? That answer came quickly as a yes.

"You know that I can change all this for you my son," Esther stepped out from the shadows.

                             My blood began to boil but I controlled my anger. Here in front of me stood the woman whom I had loved & admired for all of my human life. She was my mother, how could I have not. But now all I saw when I looked at her was a witch that had taken my love away & made her one of us. The one thing I wanted Finlay to have made the choice, not her.

"Are we seriously going to have this conversation again mother? If I remember rightly it didn't work out so well for you last time," I clenched my teeth, glad that I didn't bite down on my lip.

"Your father & I have come to an agreement. I will ask each of you the same as before & if you still refuse; your father is going to deal with each of you. So it's your best interest if you reconsider Elijah," she came closer.

"I still haven't changed my mind from the last time. I'm still trying to get over last time when you opened the Red Door. We are all finally happy but you would already know that," I all but spat out the words.

"I think you might have a change of heart if I tell you that I will give the same to Finlay as so both of you can live normal human lives & raise a family together. I'm sure that she would like to have children Elijah & I know that you have always wanted some of your own. Would you be so selfish as to take that away from her?" she asked, knowing that yes, I had wanted to start a family of my own for over a thousand years ago.

                         I didn't know what to say. We never spoke of having children but knowing what I was, is that the reason she never bought it up? My heart sank with this thought. The thought of actually having small feet running around, teaching them to read, write & paint. Waiting patiently for those first words or their first day at school. Watching them grow & blossom into strong independent adults. But lastly growing old with the woman I love. All these thoughts clouded my original judgement of wanting to rip her head off when she first spoke. Would I change my mind? Would I want to be human after all this time being a vampire? I guess if it meant having normality with my beloved Finlay than yes I would take her up on the offer.

                         I remembered when Rebekah was going to take the offer the first time. She has wanted to be human for so long & now would be her chance. She too could live happily with Clark & raise a family of her own. It's always been her dream. Niklaus on the other hand would never give the hybrid up for nothing. He had nothing to make him want to. It would be different if Elizabeth was still around but she isn't. I wasn't exactly sure if Kol would change, perhaps I could talk him into it, possibly Nikaus as well. Our family could still be all together again.

"I can see you are weighing up all the options son & that's a good thing. I can see your siblings follow suit if you agree to it. It would make their choice easier to make. They respect your decisions & they trust you," she was in front of me before I realised she was.