Chapter 3

Murpity acted fast. With her insane non-flexibility, she lifted her legs to her face, grasped the elk horn in her toes, and threw it across the room.

Next she lifted her legs behind her head, using her toes to untie the rope binding her hands.

She really needed to stretch more.

Murpity was beyond angry at Nicki. "Why are you in my room in the middle of the night?" she demanded.

"I wonder if it's because you put some really salty donuts in my locker today!" Nicki spat.

"The only thing that's salty is you," Murpity retorted.

"What a roast." Nicki said sarcastically, rolling her eyes. "We both know this is all because you didn't get the purse you wanted."

"No duh," Murpity said. "I was getting you back for dumping coffee on my purse. You didn't have to take it to this level. It's so....extra."

"First off, it was my purse," Nicki replied. "I bought it. Second, I did take it to this level. So why don't you go meditate listening to screaming elks?"

Murpity stared in shock as Nicki stalked out of her room, throwing the pan of chicken guts to the marble floor. Who knows how she got in.

The next morning at school during break, Murpity gathered her squad at her locker and told them about the night before. 

"That's it," said Jackie. "We are not letting Piggy Nicki get away with this!"

"We need another plan," Tiffany agreed. "A better one."

"Okay," said Murpity. "Who has a skill they'd like to use for this round's revenge?"

There was a brief moment of silence, then Tiffany tentatively raised a hand. "I'm really good at making elk noises," she said quietly.

Murpity frowned, then nodded. "...Demonstrate," she ordered.

Tiffany took a deep breath, closing her eyes. Then she let out an ear-splitting scream that shattered all the windows in the entire school, causing everyone in the entire country to pause what they were doing and listen.

"The world is ending!" someone shouted. "We're being attacked by elk!"

Because of all the chaos, the teachers declared school was out for the day.

Murpity and her friends all went outside to talk.

"That was amazing, Tiffany," said Jackie. "And kind of scary."

"I just have one question," said Chloe. "How are we going to use that on Piggy Nicki?"

"Good point." Murpity was deep in thought. 

"I could sneak into her house late at night, dressed in an elk costume," Tiffany suggested.

"What would that accomplish, though?" Murpity asked.

"True," sighed Tiffany.

Just then, a mysterious brunette walked up to them, carrying a tray full of Starbucks.

"Unicorn frappuccinos, on the house," she said, not bothering to introduce herself or why she was daring to talk to the squad without permission.

The squad narrowed their eyes at her. "What is this, a bar?" Chloe scoffed.

"Who're you supposed to be?" Tiffany asked, giving her the Judgmental Look. 

The mysterious girl raised her eyebrows, ignoring Chloe. "I'm Lydia. I work at Coach?" she said, smirking at Murpity.

Murpity gasped in shock. Her! That bubblegum-blowing-baffoon that was supposed to hold the purse, but gave it to Piggy Nicki instead! In her plan of revenge, she completely forgot about the cashier.

"You!" Murpity snarled. "You're the little rat who thought she could disobey my orders!" She grabbed one of the Unicorn Frappuccinos and sipped it angrily, glaring at this Lydia girl. The other girls all followed suit.

Lydia didn't even flinch. "Well, I'm supposed to sell it to whoever gets it first. And I never even told you I would hold it for you. You just left."

Murpity continued to glare at her, refusing to admit that all of the points she just made were correct.

"Anyway," Lydia continued, "I'm here to help you. On one condition."

Chloe laughed. "Help her? You already ruined your chance to help her."

Ignoring Chloe again, Lydia said, "Look. I know things about Nicki that you'd never dream of. I could make your plan for revenge a thousand times better. On one condition."

Jackie looked suspicious. "And how do you know so much about her?"

Lydia hesitated, looking embarrassed. "Well- I'm... her... I'm her step-sister," she stammered, flushing a deep red.

"You're her sister?!" the girls all cried in unison, shocked.

"Shhhhh!" Lydia whispered urgently, looking around to make sure no one was listening. "Step- sister," she emphasized.

"Whatever," said Jackie. "You're probably working with her! You really think we'd trust you?" She threw her Unicorn Frappuccino to the ground angrily.

"Do you honestly think it was my choice to become half sisters with her?" Lydia asked. "I promise you can trust me. I want to get her back just as much as you do."

"What'd she do to you?" asked Murpity, curious.

"Started living in my house." Lydia shuddered. "Look- are you going to accept my help or not?"

It was time for a decision. "Squad huddle!" Murpity ordered, and everyone put their heads together.

Jackie was uncertain. "Can we really trust her?"

"She seemed really mad," Chloe whispered.

The other girls sighed; it seemed Chloe's brain streak was short-lived.

"I want to win this battle against Nicki!" Murpity said.

"Who doesn't?" Tiffany pointed out. "But are we really this desperate?"

There was a pause, and then everyone looked at each other and knew that the answer was yes. Making loud elk noises wasn't exactly going to help them.

Breaking apart the huddle, they turned back to Lydia.

"What's your condition?" Murpity asked her.

She smirked again. "You want to win the battle against Nicki? Trust me, you will with my help. But first you're not only going to make me part of the cheer-leading team, but also one of the elite members of the squad."

*sorry for the confusion, apparently chapters 1 and 2 were saved as drafts when I published chapter 3.