0.8

Rose had passed out from the pain in her leg, and when she woke up again she found that Piper was gone, and her father was still there watching her.

"What's going on?" She questioned trying to move but not being able to for she was tied to one of the support beams.

"That Piper girl." James shook his head. "I profile people I should've seen it in her."

"Don't blame yourself."

"I'm gonna get us out of here." He said as he continued to struggle against the ropes.

The barn door flew open and Rose squinted her eyes as the light from a flashlight hit her in the face. She groaned once she saw who it was walking into the barn.

"Oh great, you." She scoffed.

"Is that any way to talk to me?" Piper asked squatting in front of the blonde.

"What do you even want with me and my dad? We've done nothing to you. Riley did nothing to you!"

"Oh, of course, you have no idea." Piper shook her head standing up. "Well, do I have a story for you. Your father is the reason mine fell in love with Daisy."

"You're Brandon James' daughter?" James said in disbelief.

"But then that means..." Rose trailed off looking up at Piper.

"Your Aunt Maggie is my mom. You and I, we're cousins, and Emma is my little half-sister."

"Why are you doing this?"

Ignoring Rose's question Piper continued her story. "Oh, your mom and my dad, neighbors and secretly in love. But then James showed up and whisked Victoria away. Then Daisy, sorry, Maggie, got into a fight with her boyfriend, Kevin. Maggie and Brandon hooked up, she got pregnant with me, and then she got my father killed. Then she just gave me away. So, you see, if James here wouldn't have finally gotten up the nerve to ask out Victoria, and if Victoria hadn't said yes to him out of the kindness of her heart, everything would've turned out fine. No one would've had to die back then, and no one would be dead now. Nina, Tyler, Riley. They'd all be alive right now. My father and your mother would be happy, but James had to show up and ruin everything. Ruin Victoria by convincing her that she loved him and not Brandon. And then in the end he ruined her so much she killed herself and that ended up ruining you."

Rose went to respond but was cut off by a scream coming from Piper as James tackled her. Rose hadn't known it but when she had passed back out her father had escaped his ropes and cut hers just enough that if she pulled hard enough she could get out of hers.

"Get out of here!" James shouted as he wrestled with Piper.

Wide-eyed Rose struggled against her restraints and let out a surprised gasp when they fell. She got to her feet as quickly as she could and limped forward.

"Dad!" She shouted. "Dad let's go!"

"I catch up to you. Just go!" He grunted when Piper kneed him in the stomach. "Go!" He screamed.

Rose limped away from the barn, tears spilling down her face as she left her father behind. After hearing a gunshot she ran on her numb, bleeding leg towards the forest where she continued as fast as she could to get back into town and find someone to help her.