The Stolen Brother And The Liar

Greece woke up in Turkey's bed. Turkey was wrapping Greece's left arm in bandages. He couldn't open his right eye, but he could feel it. His body hurt.
"Turkey? Where's Romano?" He asked.
"Couldn't find him. But I found you." He began to wrap up Greece's head, "what happened?"
"Austria came by saying that Romano belonged to Rome, I pulled a knife out, he did too, and then I blacked out." Greece looked at where the bandages were. He had some wrapped around his gut, arm, legs, and head.
"Ok, knowing Austria, he's gonna give him away to someone close by. You are going to stay here and rest while I handle it, ok?"
     "Are you sure? I could always do it." Greece insisted. He tried to sit up, but was in too much pain to really move. He lied back down, realizing that he was pretty much immobile.
     "No, I'm gonna do it." Turkey reassured the small nation.
"Turkey, Austria said that Romano still belonged to Rome. Does that mean I'm technically not part of the Ottoman Empire either?" Greece asked.
     "Technically, yes. I wanted you both to be adults when you make that decision."
     "But that could take hundreds of years!"
     "Yes, I know." Turkey got up and left the room. Greece lied there wondering why his mother hated him so much. When Greece came to turkey's house it was because he was desperate, but overall it was the best decision he'd ever made.

     Months had passed, almost all of Greece's wounds had healed without leaving scars. The only one that hadn't completely recovered was the stab wound on his gut. Turkey hadn't gone off looking for Romano yet, but Greece knew that he would soon.
     Turkey was filling out some papers that his boss needed done, while he did that, Greece worked on some math problems that turkey wrote out for him. He finished quickly due to the fact that he was much better in math than Turkey. He got up to see what Turkey was doing. It was simple trading arrangements that he needed from China.
     "Are you done with your math work already?" Turkey asked.
     "Yeah, it was easy." Greece read some of Turkey's papers.
     "There's no way you finished it that fa- Greece why are you wearing a skirt?"
     "Today just isn't a day for pants." Greece stated.
     Turkey nodded slowly, struggling to understand the child's logic. He checked Greece's work and was surprised to find it all correct. He handed it back to Greece, "that was a lot better than I thought it would be. Ok kiddo, go play or something." He got back to work.
     Greece smiled and walked out. He wandered into Turkey's library, picked a random book and sat down to read.
     Turkey walked to the door after hearing a knock. He opened it to find Austria standing at the door.
     "Hello, is Greece here?"
     "You're not taking him too. When he comes of age, he will join my empire. Why does the Holy Roman Empire even want him?"
     "You see, he earned a large majority of Rome's land, which includes Greece, so unless you want a legal issue on your hands, give him up. He's not yours." Austria reported. He stared coldly at Turkey.
     "He's too young for war."
     "The Holy Roman Empire doesn't send his land to war, he simply has them work for him. It won't be that bad."
     "Fine. But not now. I'll send him out and then you can take him."
     "Pleasure doing business with you." He smirked and walked away.
     Turkey closed the door. Greece was strong and could handle himself. It's not like he'd die. He pulled himself together and walked into his library, "hey Greece, I'm gonna send you to the store, ok? We need some olives."
     "Ok." Greece got up. He found his shoes and put them on, "how many do we need?"
     "As many as you can get with this." He handed Greece a small pouch of money.
     "Ok, I'll be home soon."
     "Be safe." Turkey watched as Greece walked away. He wanted to warn the child of the ambush that was waiting for him, but knew that it was for his own good.

     Greece was surrounded by soldiers. He looked back at Turkey's house and cried out for help. He saw Turkey stand at the door watching.
     "Turkey!" He called out again. He was too weak to take on all of the soldiers at once, and needed help, but turkey just sat back watching.
     Austria stepped forward, "come on, it's time to go. Tie him up if you need to."
     Greece's arms were tied up. He was then placed on a horse. The group rode away, heading towards the Holy Roman Empire. He looked back one last time, and watched as Turkey went inside.

     The Holy Roman Empire's house was larger than Greece thought it would be. He noticed a lot of other nations, Hungary, Prussia, Italy, and most importantly, Romano.
     He was lead away and taken to a small blonde boy no older than Romano. The child examined Greece, "so this is Rome's only daughter? I'm disappointed. I thought she'd be bigger and stronger. Take her away. She's no better than everyone else here. Have her on cleaning duty like her siblings." Greece was insulted to be called a woman, but kept quiet.
      Austria untied him, "follow me." He lead him to a small room, "this is where you'll be sleeping, I expect you to be up by the crack of dawn." He was then taken to a kitchen, "you'll clean up after breakfast" he was taken room to room, being instructed on when to clean.
      "And lastly, this is the garden, you'll use all of your free time to make sure that it looks nice, ok?"
     "Ok." Greece was then instructed to work on the garden until dusk.

     Romano walked over after a couple of hours, "nice to see you again." He sat down next to him, "how's Turkey?"
     "Turkey is dead to me. He let this happen to us. He never cared for us. Next time you see him, I want you hold your ground. He's evil." He pulled out a weed, "anyway, how have you been?"
     "Austria keeps talking to me about sending me away and giving me Spain."
     "I won't let that happen, because tonight, we're running away. Once everyone's asleep, that's when we'll leave."
     "Just you and me?"
     "Just you and me." Greece smiled at his brother. He full heartedly loved his brother, he was all he had in the world.