My dad grabbed a nearby knife off the counter and stabbed the creature. It screeched and growled. When dad moved the knife away I noticed it was smoking and bits of it were falling to the ground. "Kat get out of here!" I heard him yell.

I could see some of the creatures blood land on my dads t-shirt. The fabric quickly began to smoke and fall off in small little pieces.

The military burst through the door, gunfire shredding the creature. It screeched and fell on top of my mom. She lay pinned beneath it shrieking in pain and agony.

"Mom!!!" I screamed trying to get to her, close enough to see her flesh dissolving to the muscle and bone beneath. I stared with shock and began to breath heavily "mom?" I reached out to touch what was left of her face but was dragged back by a marine. "No!" I sobbed, screaming and kicking, "No!!! Dad!!! Mom!!!"

"I'm so sorry." The marine that held me easily dragged me out of the house even when I was kicking him as hard as I could. He pulled me over by an armored vehicle.

I tried to look around for my dad but my eyes were blurry with tears, "Da-" I choked on the words, I could barely breath.

The marine held me down trying to soothe me "Shhh, it's okay, it's okay" I knew he was lying. I kicked at him, my mother was dead and I was guessing my dad was dead too. 'Where is my brother?' My eyes darted to the entrance of the house seeing if he would come out of the door but I didn't see him. I didn't really know what was going on, everything was happening so fast. Questions raced through my mind, what was that creature? Where did it come from, and more importantly how did it get here?

The man pinned me to him, he had my arms crossed around my body so I couldn't hit him and  his legs wrapped mine. "Shhh." He said calmly. At first I screamed and tried to kick at him, crying out for my dad and brother. I soon realized I was just wasting my energy, he was way too strong for me. I sat still in the marine's arms and stared at the marine with tear filled eyes, "Wha- What was that thing?"

"That's classified," He replied, "The only thing I can say it that they are dangerous and we need to get you out of here."

I squirmed and he soon released me. I stood up and looked all around us, the military were shooting at things I could not see. Although there were definitely shadows that appeared to be lurking in the darkness. The marine kept his hand on my shoulder so I couldn't run away.

My feet were freezing, but I didn't have time to grab any of my shoes or anything else to keep me warm; other then the jacket I was already wearing. Shivering, I took a few wobbly steps towards a tank. I heard about them at school but I had never seen one in real life, it was massive, camouflaged and had a huge gun on it.

'How dangerous could these creatures really be, I know it killed my mother...'  I held back some more tears 'but they can't be so deadly that you would need a tank to kill it-'  That's when I noticed that there were more of the creatures, they were stalking and attacking the marines. I stared in shock. I'd seen blood and gore in movies and games and I thought I had seen it all but this was far too real.

'No, no, NO! This is just a dream. Just a dream! I have to get out of here! I need to wake up!' There were screams as I saw a marine getting dragged away, he was suddenly pulled behind a parked car before the screams were silenced.

I stumbled backwards, struggling to keep my balance as the marine let go of my shoulder to raise his weapon. As soon as he let go I spun around and ran toward the forest. I hoped that it was something that would save me from the creatures. My heart was racing.

The marine that had held me down chased after me "No don't!" he yelled " The Xenomorphs will get you!" Just as he said that one of the creatures leapt on him and his yelling mixed with furious roars.

I screamed, looked away, and sprinted as fast as I could into the trees. The ground was cold and wet under my feet. 'Xenomorphs, so that's what they're called...'

I jumped over roots and pushed past branches. I ran for what felt like hours and stopped by a massive tree. I panted and cried and smashed my fists into the tree. "Why!? Why did this happen to me!?!" I fell to my hands and knees and sobbed.

'I can make it through this, I can survive on my own, I'm a survivor' I cried and cried, until I knew I was in danger. I heard a noise from behind and looked to see where it was coming from, I just glanced for a few seconds and ran further into the woods.

I had no idea where I was or how far I had run, all I knew is that I had to get away. When the gunfire in the distance stopped I still ran but eventually my legs gave way and I stopped by a nearby tree.

I stared up at it, the tree was probably the safest place I could be at the moment. I looked at my surroundings to make sure that I was not in any danger. When I knew I was safe I climbed up the tree. My legs ached but I was able to push myself up farther and farther, nearly falling a few times, I was never the best at climbing. I didn't give up though, knowing that if I was to sleep on the ground I could get killed.

I climbed until I found a sturdy enough branch that could support my whole body, once I found one I stopped my climb. I carefully lifted myself onto the branch and leaned my body against the bulk of the tree.

I hoped that the so called 'Xenomorphs' couldn't climb, if they could this tree would probably only save me for a few seconds.

I lifted my legs to my chest and wrapped my arms around them. It was the only thing I could do to help me stay warm, but it wasn't too bad outside. Tt was enough that I had to curl up but not enough that I was shivering too much. I hated August, it wasn't my favorite month at all but at this moment I liked it.

'By the time I wake up everything will be normal, I'll be okay, and none of this will have happened, it will be another boring day of going to school and going to my classes. My brother will be there to pick me up after, he always is.' I closed my tear filled eyes 'The Xenomorphs will be gone. The military will be gone. My mom and my dad will be safe. This is all just a nightmare'. I cried myself to sleep.