Ch. 4

Wylan's indifferent expression threw Jesper off balance, it seemed like an expression that he felt too much... Like an expression he knew wouldn't cause him trouble.
And so, Wylan raised his shoulders and sipped his coffee.
"Could you play this for me?" Jesper asked, giving the other boy a half-smile, his head cocked to the side.
"Sure," Wylan mumbled, his ears red, his cheeks matching. Nobody had ever asked him about his music. Nobody had ever cared enough.
So, he lifted his flute up to his mouth, took a deep breath and started playing.
The music, loud and serene, made heads turn and eyes stare. In fact, the nice waitresses turned down the music they were playing, and sat, listening to Wylan.
Jesper, quite shocked that the boy was so talented, smiled.
As the freckled boy finished, Jesper tilted his head and said: "I've never heard something like that before."
The other clients, with their eyes still impaled on Wylan, smiled dumbly, mumbling about the music.
Wylan's flushed cheeks and matching ears were difficult to hide.
"That was nice." The dark-eyed boy said, reclining back on his chair. "Maybe we could see each other some time so that you can play some more?"
The rose blonde's insides shook, and his heart seemed to want to jump out of his chest.
Wylan nodded silently as Jesper laughed kindly at the cuteness of the other boy.
"When are you free?"
Wylan hesitated
"I think we should start by seeing each other in a public place, like this one." The ruddy, golden-haired boy gathered his things as he said so.
"Sounds good to me. My lunch break starts at 1 and ends at 3, is that okay?"
Wylan glanced at his watch, taking note. Jesper also took note of when the freckled boy's mouth curled into a smug half-smile, and a huffed laugh escaped him.
"You should hurry up, then. It's 3:45." Wylan smiled warmly and tilted his head. "See you tomorrow at 1."