Ch. 2

When they came back with the coffee, he would always over-thank them in fear of not thanking enough.
They would always giggle it off and, sometimes, they would ruffle his hair.
Wylan liked getting his hair ruffled. It reminded him of when his father loved him, when Wylan wasn't forced to read. When his father hadn't needed him to read.
The bell that hung over the glass entrance door rang.
Probably another hipster, Wylan thought, brushing it off. But he couldn't help but stare as a lean, tall boy with dark skin walked in smiling his perfect, white teeth at everyone he saw. Boys and girls alike dropped their jaws at his beauty.
For some strange reason, the beautiful boy's eyes landed on Wylan. Well, more specifically, Wylan's hands.
As the dark skinned boy approached him, Wylan's shaky hands carefully put his flute inside its black case, then looked up.
"Hey," The boy said, and Wylan swallowed. "My name's Jesper."
"Nice to meet you, Jesper." He responded. "My name's Wylan."
"All the waitresses talk about you like you're some kind of god," The chocolate boy laughed, and Wylan took notice that dimples formed in his cheeks.
Adorable, he thought.
Wylan was speechless, and his cheeks were burning.
Jesper motioned to the empty seat across the rose-colored, speckled boy and asked to sit.
"Sure," Wylan answered, nodding his head dumbly.
Jesper tipped the chair on one leg, holding onto Wylan's table for extra support.
Wylan also made note that the boy radiated cool-ness, or so to say. He seemed careless, a natural. His parents probably loved him.
"As I was saying," The chocolate boy continued. "I come here quite often, but I always miss you. Always."
Wylan stared. It was rude to stare, but he did it anyway. Had this boy been looking for him?
"You're Wylan, again, right?" The dark skinned boy composed himself.
"Ye-  Yeah..." Wylan nodded dumbly, again.
Jesper's breath slowed.
"Good, okay." He gave the flute-player a half-smile, his incongruous gray eyes piercing Wylan's icy blue ones.
Wylan was taken aback. He was expecting some charm from this guy, just not that kind of charm. He was expecting the kind of charm that radiated off of boys that knew they could get any girl. Not the kind of charm that radiated off of guys that knew they could get anybody.