Chapter 6 : Step one - Getting beat up

Chapter 6

The next day...

Riker POV 

I was awake before Mr.Mark came in to wake us up. No nightmares, but I was scared to death to disobey.

Soon enough, the time came, and Mr.Mark was in here, banging pots and pans for us to wake up. Ell got out of bed, and left to get dressed. I pulled the covers over my head, like we'd talked about last night, and groaned.

The covers were ripped off, and cold water was thrown on me. But I stayed in bed.

Before I knew what had even happened, Mr.Mark had grabbed my legs, and yanked me out of bed. I fell face first to the floor, hurting my wrist.

"I expect you dressed and downstairs in 10 minutes, Lynch."

I groaned again, and closed my eyes. I felt a kick to my stomach, and I curled into a ball. I watched Mr.Mark smirk at me before leaving the room.

Ell came back into the room after getting dressed.

"Hey. You ok?" Ell asked.

"My stomach hurts now..."

"Ok. So today, refuse to do any chores, ok?"

"Ell, I'm not going to let him lock me out of the bathroom again. That was the most mortifying moment of my entire life."

"Riker, I'll clean the bathrooms, ok? Besides, I don't think that's even on our list for today. Now go get dressed."

I quickly changed, and then we went downstairs. I was surprised I was given breakfast. We had a bowl of fruit each.

"Alright, I need to talk to you boys," Mr.Mark said.

We both looked at him nervously.

"You're going to school next week. So we're going out shopping today for stuff for you. And you're also getting your uniforms."

Ugh... Uniforms...

"And since you're done eating, we're leaving now."

We put our bowls in the sink, and then followed Mr.Mark out to his car. I had half a mind to take off running, but I didn't. I got into the back of his car, next to Ell.

Later...

Riker POV

It was like an hour ride to this store he drove us to. I don't even know what store it was.

We walked down the aisles, and he bought us normal school stuff like pens and pencils and paper and all that stuff. Then he took us to another part of the store, and they had uniforms.

"Alright. Go into the changing rooms, and try on your uniforms," Mr.Mark said, handing us clothes.

We went to the changing rooms. I slid off my jeans and shirt, and slid on the new uniform. It was kind of tight, but I honestly didn't care. I just wanted to get back home, get beat up, and get away from here. Maybe if I do enough bad things, we can leave before we even go to school!

I changed back into my normal clothes, and went back out.

"Do they fit?" Mr.Mark asked.

"Yes sir."

"Put them in the cart."

I dropped my clothes in, and we waited for Ell, who came out a minute later.

Mr.Mark paid for our stuff, and then we got in the car to go back home. Ell and I went up to our room.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked.

"Refuse to do chores. And if he talks to you, I want you to have an attitude, ok?"

I sighed.

"He's going to kill me."

"Well that's the plan."

"Alright..."

We went downstairs. Ell started on the dishes in the kitchen. I sat at the kitchen counter, watching him.

"Aren't you going to help him?" Mr.Mark asked.

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm sick and tired of doing chores all the time!"

He grabbed my arm, and dragged me to the living room. Ell was still watching from the kitchen.

"If you're not going to do chores, then I want you on the floor, doing pushups. Go!"

I stood there, not moving. First of all, I need to disobey. And second of all, I'd be lucky if I could even do 1 pushup. I have no muscle!

"Alright, fine, Lynch."

He grabbed my arm, and dragged me towards the front door.

Ell POV

I was actually kind of scared for Riker now. What's going to happen!?

I could hear Mr.Mark screaming from outside. The windows in the house were cracked open. I couldn't see him and Riker though. They were in the woods.

"I want you to count every one!" Mr.Mark shouted.

I sighed, and moved onto my next chore. I just had to hope Riker would be ok.

Riker POV

I was screaming after the first one. Mr.Mark had pulled my shirt off, pulled my pants down, and I was tied to a tree. He was whipping my back and butt with his belt. Except he was using the end with the metal.

"Count!"

"O-one."

I felt the belt hit me again. Hard.

"Count, Riker!"

"T-two."

He hit me again, and this was probably the loudest I screamed so far.

"The more you keep making noise and crying, the longer this is going to last. Now, count!"

"T-three."

I couldn't even move. He'd tied my hands together so I was basically hugging the tree. And he'd tied my ankles together like that too.

I got hit again.

"P-please s-stop!" I cried.

"You're worthless, Lynch! You're not a man at all!"

He hit me again. And again. And again. He was faster now, and I wasn't counting. I was screaming my head off. The pain was unbearable. I started to see black spots in my vision. Within a minute, everything turned black.

Ell POV

Mr.Mark came back in with a smirk on his face. And Riker wasn't with him.

"W-where's Riker?"

"Outside."

"Is he ok?"

"Who knows? Maybe."

He grabbed a beer out of the fridge, and sat down in the living room. 

I hope Riker's ok...