Chapter 4 : Forgetting an important chore...

A/N : It's so weird writing this book because I have to have really bad things happen because of the plot and stuff... It's hard to think of all these punishments and stuff... But I'm excited for this book because I already know where I want to go with it! ~Kylie

Chapter 4

Later that night...

Riker POV

Ell did his best, but he couldn't finish all the chores by himself. I offered to help, but after falling a few more times, Ell just made me stay in bed.

Right now, Ell was sitting on his bed, waiting to get yelled at by Mr.Mark. He said he'd be up any minute to yell at him. But all he did was not finish a few chores! He's been working so hard all day, and he doesn't get credit for that! It's not fair!

The door opened suddenly.

"You didn't do the dishes after dinner, you didn't sweep the steps outside, you didn't clean the kitchen, and you didn't clean the bathrooms!" Mr.Mark yelled, staring at both of us.

"W-we're sorry! Riker didn't feel good!" Ell said.

"I don't care how he felt. He's a member of this family, and he needs to help out. You guys are going to get punished for it."

"How?" Ell asked.

"Since you didn't clean the kitchen or do the dishes, you won't get breakfast. And since you didn't clean the bathrooms, you're not allowed to use the bathrooms. Maybe you'll finish your chores next time."

He turned, and slammed the door on his way out.

"Ok, this is for sure cruel and unusual punishment. We need to tell someone," I said to Ell.

"Riker, isn't that cruel and unusual punishment stuff for court cases and stuff?"

"Who knows!? Either way, I'm pretty sure it's considered abuse or something, and he's not allowed to do it to us!"

"Well what are we supposed to do? If we do anything he doesn't tell us to, we get punished. Can you imagine what he'd do if we tried to tell someone?"

I sighed.

"We'll figure something out tomorrow," I said, pulling the blankets up.

"Alright. Goodnight."

"Night..."

Morning...

Ellington POV

"Ell. Ell!"

I could hear Riker whining.

"What do you want, Riker?"

"I need to go."

"Go where?"

"To the bathroom."

"So go."

"We're not allowed! I already tried! He locked it so we can't! Remember!?"

I sighed, and sat up. Riker was sitting in his bed, and he had a bad look on his face.

"Can you please go talk to him? You're the one that didn't clean the bathrooms," Riker said.

"You didn't even help with chores at all!"

"Ell, please!"

"Ok, fine..."

I looked at the clock on my way out. It was about 7:00. Mr.Mark usually wakes us up around 8:00. I wondered if he'd be awake yet.

I walked downstairs, and found him on the couch, watching TV.