Chapter 21

"Remind me again why did I marry you?" Marissa glared at her husband. She was standing in the kitchen with one hand on her waist.

"Because you love me." He rolled his eyes at her but still had a smile on his face.

He couldn't help it as he still gets jitters when he is with her. It may seem overrated, but that's the fact for him. He cannot believe that Marissa married him again, irrespective of their past.

Marissa and Cameron got married within six months of him proposing to her. It might sound too soon as they didn't date for long, but none of them cared. They both knew each other just enough to tie the knot. The six months of dating period didn't make Marissa or Cameron second guess their decision, and it was the best decision they could have ever taken.

They are married for two years now, and it has been one hell of an amazing journey. The wedding was not a big one, as both Cameron and Marissa wanted it to be close ones, but it was beautiful. Cameron wanted Marissa to have a proper wedding, which she didn't get before. As expected, her parents didn't come, but Cameron's dad walked her on the aisle, and she will forever be grateful to him.

"Cameron," She was going to scold him, but he interrupted her.

"Marissa, this room is not that messy." He tried to reason with her with the sweetest voice he could ever muster.

"Yes, not messy at all. Empty pizza boxes, beer bottles on the table are not at all a mess. And not to forget the condition of my kitchen. If you people ordered from outside, then how the hell is my kitchen so messy." She scolded him while picking up the trash. She was red and was furiously moving around.

"Sorry about that." He apologized to her and was trying to keep everything in order hastily.

"I am never leaving you alone with Caleb and Ronny ever. You three are a mess. At least, wrap things up in the end. How much work am I supposed to do? You aren't only the working member of this family." She angrily left the room.

"Marissa, I know, and I am really sorry. I was planning to clean everything, but we lost track of time, and you know the rest. I will clear everything. You go and take a rest. You might be tired." He told her sincerely.

He knew that she was exhausted, and as compared to him, she does the housework more than him, so it is only fair that he helps her from time to time without cribbing.

"Fine, then clean this mess." She stated tiredly and left the kitchen. She would have helped him, but she was exhausted, and a bed right now sounded like a paradise.

"You are not serious, are you?" His eyes were wide.

Well, in his defence, he thought she would at least lend her hand for a few minutes in minor work or clean it by tomorrow. But it was worth a try.

"I am not joking, Cameron. If you don't, then I will leave this place right about now, and I am sure that one of your sisters won't mind me crashing at their place." She glared at him.

"I will clean everything right at this moment." With that, Cameron went to clear the mess which he created.

After an hour, when he came back into the bedroom, he found Marissa sleeping. He went towards her, laid a blanket on her, and kissed her forehead, which made Marissa open her eyes slightly.

"I cleaned everything." He told her softly.

"OK. Come on. Let's sleep; I am very tired." She murmurs to him sleepily.

"I can see that." He said while lying down beside her.

"Shopping does that to you." She poked her eyes tongue out. Cameron was a bit silent, and it didn't go unnoticed by Marissa.

"What's wrong?" She asked him in concern, looking at him.

"You don't regret marrying me again, right?" He asked her anxiously. From time to time, this thought bugs him.

"Obviously not. I know I can be a bit difficult sometimes. But never ever think that." She told him and placed her on his.

"I won't." He pulled her closer. "By the way, you weren't serious about not letting me have guy's time with Caleb, Ronny and others, right?" He joked because he knew that Marissa would never do that to him.

"No, but only on the condition that you will clean the mess you create."

"It's a deal then." He pecked her lips, and both swiftly drift off into a peaceful slumber.