Chapter 1

Zane POV

The alarm rings loudly in my room. I groaned and placed my pillow over my head.

I heard the door open and my brother, Garroth, called, "Baby brother? Wake up, baby brother. You're gonna be late."

He pulled my black blanket off my bed and took my pillow. I covered my eyes from the bright sunlight that came through my window.

I sat up and glared at Garroth, "I'm up so get out of my room."

"Sure thing baby brother," he said before closing the door behind him.

I jump of my bed and walked toward the bathroom to get ready. I sighed in disappointment. Summer ended and I'm back in school, then again, it was probably better than getting stuck at home with my two idiotic brothers.

Once I was freshened up I got dress in my school uniform. It was a navy jacket with long grey pants. I wrapped a blue scarf around my neck and cover the bottom half of my face. Feeling presentable I walked out of my room and down the stairs to the dining room with my black backpack in hand.

Garroth was sitting next to my younger adoptive brother, Vylad, who was stuffing his face with bacon. My mother walked into the room with a plate of bisects.

"Morning ZuuZuu!" my mother greeted.

"Morning," I grumbled.

"Must you cover your face? Take off that scarf and I think I should get you a haircut. That long bang of yours is covering your right eye. How will you be able to see?"

"No, mom!" I yelled. "I'm able to see just fine thank you very much!"

"Well ok, whatever makes you happy I guess."

"Come eat, baby brother," Garroth said as he patted the seat next to him.

"Yeah, the foods great!" Vylad chirped.

I sat down next to Garroth and ate my breakfast. It wasn't long before we finished eating and walked to school. As we walked up the stair we split apart. Garroth going towards his friends while Vylad went towards his. I look around the front yard as students chat along themselves around the large round fountain spewing water from above.

The school bell rang and every student including myself walked into the large brick building. I stuffed my backpack into the locker and grabbed my witchcraft book, I had it for first period. I walked into the classroom and sat in the far back seat away from everyone. I noticed how the long tables have two seats, so I'm guessing I'm gonna have to share a table with someone.

The bell rang again signaling the start of class. A woman with pale blue eyes and long grey hair in a purple sweater walked in through the door. She turned to the green chalk board and wrote down her name.

"Welcome back to school everyone. For those who don't know, my name is Hyria and I teach witchcraft. This year I decided to change it up a bit, so from now on everyone in this class will be working in pairs for the rest of school," Hyria announced.

Everyone groaned including me. I hate working with people, I like to get work alone and not be drag down by some doofus. I need to keep my grades up.

"I have already made pairs so everyone stand up and sit next to your partners when your name is called," Hyria ordered.

I grumbled in annoyance and stood up. Everyone walked to the edge of the room as Hyria started calling names.

My eyes wondered around the room seeing humans, werewolves and meif'was. My eyes landed on a particular girl across the room. She had black cat ears on top of her pink hair with a pink bow, big round amber eyes and a cute black tail with another pink bow. She looked my way and I quickly cast my gaze down to the floor so it looks like I wasn't staring.