Chapter 19

Seulgi's POV

"Ah..." Lay whimpered when I pressed the ice pack on his elbow harder.

"I think you should still go and see the nurse just to make sure." I said looking worried at him. Lay however gave me a reassuring smile before holing the ice pack to his elbow.

"*Sigh* Do you always get hurt like this playing basketball?" I asked causing Lay to chuckle.

"No, I don't play basketball often. Not since I came here, but I used to everyday back in China. And yeah, I do get hurt sometimes but not always. It's always a scratch anyway." Lay explained.

"Well, be careful next time. Those boys can be very rough. I saw the way they look at you Lay, especially Chanyeol. I'm not saying you're weak or anything, I'm just worried about you. And they don't like the impression I made on my first day here, and you're with me which they'll target you as well, and..."

Lay put his second finger to my lip to shut me up. "Shh, it's alright. I'm not really scared. I've never been afraid of them anyway." He smiled. I sighed but smiled anyway.

"Tch, that jerk Mark and his squad. Why the hell does no one stop them? Seriously! What they're doing is wrong! Picking on the weak and getting away with it. But girls still chase after them even when they're being a jerk towards them." I complained.

"Well, that's the sad reality. Girls will always go for the attractive, wealthy and handsome ones." Lay shrugged. I looked at him and gave him a little grin. "I think you're handsome and attractive."

Lay blushed at this and I chuckled. "Stop teasing me." He said, face bright pink.

"No really, you are handsome and charming as well." I said looking into his eyes. Lay made an forced laught and stood up quickly, "Let's, let's go now. The bell shouldringanyminutenow." And hurried away as I got up and tried to catch up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mark's POV

Following Seulgi, she seems to have a little difficulty with the box she's carrying. I wonder what's inside. Maybe I can lend her a hand and take the chance to confess! I turned back to see Jackson hiding behind the tree with his hideous disguise. He looks more suspicious...Aye, tsk. I showed him a thumbs up which he returned the gesture. I turn back around and speed walk up to Seulgi.

She then dropped the box she's carrying on the walkway and bend down to pick up 3 books that have fallen out of the open box. Upon hearing my footsteps, she looked back and stopped what she's doing. I stopped in my track and we looked into each other's eyes. The ray of sunlight shining down on her face made me squint my eyes a bit.

"Hey." I started. Hey? Hey? Really Mark? She just dropped her stuff and you just saw it and you're just standing her saying 'hey'?!  I smiled awkwardly but she ignored me before going back to pick up her books. But clearly showing an annoyed expression on her face.

"I have something to tell you..." I declared. She stood up and sighned loudly, then just like stared at me. "What the hell do you want?" I stared into her eyes deeply, not blinking at all.

........ Well, what the hell am I waiting for?  I think she got a bit irritated as she made a loud sigh and looked up at me. Her stare is too fierce I felt very self-cautious that I nearly look away.

"Well? You have something to tell me?" She asked.

"Oh, yeah...ahem, you see these days...I've been...happy." Oh god please ground swallow me. She glowers at me weirdly before bending down to pick up the box.

"I! I uh...I love you! Go out with me!" (Jackson face palmed himself in the background) Seulgi froze in her spot and stared up at me.

.................................

................................

.................................

Why isn't she saying anything? I just confessed to her and she's sitting there just staring at me. Say something!

"Get lost."

......

I blinked once. She picked up the box.

I blinked twice. She walked away.

"Wha...?"

I feel like an arrow just shot through me. I feel like I'm a glass that has just been shattered. And the wind blowing my way is not helping. I want to go after her but my feet won't take me anywhere. I'm just...shocked.

What the hell just happened?

Jackson came up from behind a swing his hand over my shoulder looking at Seulgi walking away.

"Well, that went as expected." Jackson said smiling. What?

"What? Expected? What do you mean expected? Did you assumed this will happen or something?" I frowned at him.

"Well duh." Jackson gave me the how-dumb-are-you face. "OMG, you can't be serious Mark. Did you really think she'll say yes? That she'll say she's going to consider it? Jesus. She's different Mark. Plus, why would she say yes to the person she punched and hates. And who kept annoying her? Gosh Mark, sometimes I feel like you're still a child, open your eyes!"

I stood there trying to comprehend what Jackson just said.

I just got rejected.

And it  kind of hurts. A lot.
____________________________

Hello again guys! I know it's been forever since I've last updated and been on Wattpad. I'm afraid I might disappear again after this chap, but I really want to finish this story!! I know this chapter seems a bit rushed, because I feel like it's going in a very slow pace so I'm trying to speed it up so I won't have to write up to 100 chapters! So I won't give up on myself just yet so don't give up on me!! ^^;

And thank you so much for voting and adding it to your reading list! I really really appreciate it! And to my new followers! Wow, it feels like yesterday I've just got 10 followers! Thank you so much for the follow and reading my book!!! Pls anticipate the next chapters~

Annyeong!