Part (19)

In that moment I could feel my heart beating out of my chest I had nothing but anger across my face as I stood across from Claudia with my daughter in her arms. All of my bottled up aggression reached it's breaking point as all of the horrible events flashed through my mind, and my wife laid on the floor of the downstairs. It took all my will power to hold myself back from pulling the gun from the backside of my jeans and shooting her right there but my baby girl was looking at me from her arms and I wanted to do everything in my power to protect her not harm her. GIVE ME MY DAUGHTER! I shouted out to Claudia as she shoved Raelyn into the closet next to her turning around with a knife gripped into both hands pointing it straight in my direction. I'm warning you to stay back James, Claudia said shaking the knife closer to my face. Hearing the sound of Raelyn crying in the background only made me more angry as she followed my every move backing me out into the hallway. Ok I said in the calmest voice I could muster trying to make something out of this situation that had spiraled out of control babbling on and on about all the things we could have been. Throwing every insult and crazy bitch antic she could to make me feel sorry for breaking it off with her. How did I get so mixed up with someone like this why were the lives of everyone I loved suddenly in harms way. Thinking of ways to get her to stop when finally the crazy in Claudia snapped and she charged at me with full force I tried to fight her body weight off of me but I couldn't we stumbled back and forth through the halls of her beach house when her hands got away from me and she stabbed me in the calf of the leg continuously twisting it in as hard as she could as I screamed out in pain almost loud enough to drown out Raelyn's cry of fear behind me. Before yanking it out fast and running towards the door of the bedroom dropping the knife along the way down the stairs. I was bleeding pretty heavily but that didn't stop me from grabbing her by the ankles of her feet and dragging her across the hard wood floor to me fighting the pain as I stood with all of my weight and hers. I struggled to wrap my forearm around her shoulder blades to drag her to the middle of the stairs to get her as far away from my daughter as I could she began to fight me. Kicking her legs that were lifted off the ground making me loose the grip I had on her til I couldn't hold her anymore the pain was to much to handle and my legs buckled under me letting her free as I kicked her enough to knock her down in the distance so she couldn't get a good enough balance to stand or run. I took all that pain and anger and put it into the weight of my body enough to get the energy to stand. I knocked her clear off the step she was trying to climb onto making her body and head bounce off of the wall behind her as I fell in the opposite direction my strength was weakening from the amount of blood I had been loosing I quickly ripped part of the shirt I had on and wrapped it around my ankle tightening it as tight as I could get it. Looking across the floor at Claudia to make sure she was still unconscious and she was I must of really hit her harder than I thought she was in the same position with no signs of movement at all. Now was my chance to get in there and get my daughter I thought to myself getting the strength to stand as I held the wall behind myself to help pull myself up. I shuffled my feet as fast as I could through the halls of her home holding on to my leg where my wound was trying to mute out the pain to find my way to Raelyn still crying I did everything to get to her yelling to her that her Daddy was coming as I continued to make my way to the room. Before I felt someone's feet under mine making me loose all control I had of my movement and knocking me down when I was so close to the door. It was Claudia standing before me as I tried to drag my self away from her with my body on the hardwood. I did everything to get close enough to Raelyn so i could hold her in my arms and let her know everything was alright  before Claudia could get to her. She walked towards me with a steady pace there was no way I could get away from her I thought looking for ideas around me when I remembered the gun I had with me. Doing all that I could to reach behind my shirt and into my pants while i drug myself on the floor. I felt nothing, nothing at all where's my gun I thought in panic as she grew closer to me. My mind immediately began to race in fear of where It could be maybe I dropped it in all the commotion I thought there was nothing more I could do as I came to the corner of the door making me stop while Claudia stood over me with the look of pure evil. Until a shadow came to surface behind her and I heard a click.