Part (14)

Before I was able to get on the phone to call James as I backed out of the restaurant parking lot, his picture lit up the screen of my phone and blaring his ringtone as loud as the volume on my phone would go. Yes, I said as I put the phone to my ear as I checked the road for on coming traffic. Are you on your way home yet? He asked sounding concerned of my whereabouts in a sweet way. Yes, I replied I'm heading there right now I literally just got on the road Ok he said with relief in his voice, Sorry I just got a little worried he said yeah I know babe it's ok I'm sorry they took forever they were kind of busy today. Don't apologize he said just hurry home we miss you already he said with a laugh in his voice. Ok baby I said smiling on the other end of the phone see you as soon as I can. Alright I love you he said hanging up the phone. I was tired James and I hadn't slept too well the night before cause of Raelyn being sick with a cold that she seemed to keep getting. This ride home sure seemed longer than usual I thought to myself maybe it was being in the car all alone that made it hard for me to stay awake still miles from home I could feel myself dozing on and off as I kept trying to do everything to keep myself awake long enough to make it to the house I even tried the radio, but I guess my body was just worn out because of everything that was going on in our lives making it stressful. Seeing the lane I needed to turn into I darted across so I could make it before I missed it. I was the only one on the road for a good fifteen minutes then out of rearview mirror I could see a black car, it was fancy somewhat familiar looking to me getting closer to me they decided to ride the ass of my car for a good solid mile so I began to speed up well that didn't seem to help as the car continued to follow me and speed up even more hitting the back end of my car with there's. What the hell I said out loud as I tried to speed away from this dangerous driver, so did they pulling up to the left side of the road trying to run me off of the side I was on. The windows rolled up and tinted so I couldn't see who it was, ramming the side of there vehicle into mine making me swerve all over the right side of the road getting a glance at the driver that had since rolled there window down. It was Claudia I said to myself increasing my speed trying to shake her off of me until I seen a car coming from the curve of the road behind us scaring me Claudia intentionally sped up closer to me enough to knock me completely off the road into the ditch with the nose of my car in the grass. As she drove away leaving me there scrambling to find my phone that I could hear buzzing underneath the passenger seat of my car while my nerves were so shot I could barely hold it to my ear. James, I cried out so shaken in fear he couldn't understand me Brooke.. Baby he raised his voice just enough to get his heard over mine on the other end. Baby, calm down and tell me what's the matter he said sounding concerned. I.. I. need you please, come to me I don't know how to explain what just happened I said trying to calm myself down but it wasn't working too well, Ok baby take a deep breath and tell me where you are I don't know I said on some road not quite sure which one I'm close to the house though I said Just please hurry before she does something else I cried out to him She? He replied Claudia, Claudia did something to you ? He immediately getting hot headed and flustered with a tremble sound to his voice I could tell he was not only worried about me he was pissed off I'll be right there baby from the corner of my eye I could see a car stop on the side of the road walking over to see if I was ok they were nice enough to call the cops, to help get my car out of the ditch. James stayed on the phone with me until he arrived at the site I was out still not sure of what all had happened because I was so frantic, he stayed on the phone with me a good twenty minutes I must have been closer to the house than I thought as I seen James pull up to the site of the accident I was sitting on the tailgate of an ambulance talking to the EMT, literally running over to my side with Raelyn in his arms almost instantly breaking down he took me in his arms asking the EMT if I was going to be ok, Yes he replied just a few cuts and bruises she's lucky her car just got the bad end of the the deal he said as James held me tighter kissing me on my forehead. Baby what happened tell me, she followed me out here somehow and ran me off the road I said crying still scared making him even more mad as the cop walked over to me Again! I might add checking all the information on the statement I had made to make sure it was all right for the third freaking time. So what are you going to do James turned to the cop handing Raelyn to me, Honestly what the Fuck are yall going to do because honestly he said with his voice quivering because he was so mad that he was holding back the tears and that's when you better watch out because he's mad enough to kill someone. I'm tired of dealing with you guys that do absolutely nothing but take a statement and then ignore it until it keeps happening and getting worse each time. My family is in danger and I want it stopped now I don't care what has to be done I want it stopped and if nothing gets done about it this time I'll take matters into my own hands he said loudly for everyone there to here but he was to mad to care Walking me to the car making sure I was comfortable enough to ride thanking the kind couple who had stopped and gotten me help. Getting into the driver's seat driving off in rage with his right hand on mine bringing it up to his lips kissing it sweetly. I'm so glad your ok he said holding my hand with a good grip tears streaming down his face, I don't know what my life would be like if something happened to you. He kept saying trying to calm his self down as we pulled into the driveway. No you stay there he said I'll get the door as he walked around helping me out then getting Raelyn out who was asleep . I knew you shouldn't of went anywhere he kept saying pacing back and forth in the living room as I laid Raelyn in her playpen while she continued to sleep. Babe, how could we of possibly of known something like this was going to happen I said walking over to him as he sat down on the couch with me I've got to do something he said, I've got to be the man of this family he said looking me in the eyes brushing my hair out of my face with his hand. I love you two, way to much to let something happen and it's not going to happen again he said with a stern voice with a look that could kill he drew me closer to him holding me until i fell asleep with him on our couch.