The New Page in My Book

(Draco's POV)

Weeks had passed and Harry had not had another fit before bed again. But he did not seem to be getting better either. He smiled less and less, he barely ate during lunch, and I didn't see him anywhere around the quidditch field at all.

This... worried me. I mean of course I didn't care at all about Potter. I just did not want him to die.

I scowl and grab my robe. After today's classes and dinner I would be heading into the dark forest to help Blaise find his books. Some bloody idiot decided it would be funny to play prank on him and hide them there. We soon found out they were by the Big Oak in the Dark Forest.

I head to my first class of Potions and sit down. Today we were learning about a difficult potion called Instant Green Sprout. This potion allowed plants to grow instantly on any form of ground. If we brew this correctly we could keep one pint of the serum.

Of course I did it perfectly and I got a nice pint of the cloudy pink liquid. I left the class with a smirk on my face as the other students looked at me in awe. Today was going to be an amazing day. I could just tell.

I was correct today was almost perfect. The only thing that ruined such a wonderful day was the fact we still had to go into the Dark Forest.

I grumbled and scowled at Blaise. He paled and looked away as Pansy rammed into his arm. We sneaked past the big giant's hut and slipped into the woods.

"If you wouldn't have been stupid you wouldn't have lost your books."

"What was I supposed to do? I didn't know the kid could perform a vanishing spell."

"Well you should stop being stupid like Dracie said."

"Do not call me that Pansy. I am not your... you-your Dracie. And I never will be."

Everyone went quiet as we made our way deeper still. I could see the path to the Big Oak as it was repeatedly trampled over by the centaurs that lived here. Hopefully we would not run into one tonight.

"Did you boys notice that it is a full moon?"

"What," Blaise asked as the trunk of the tree reaches our sight.

"It's a full moon tonight so we might need to watch out for werewolves."

I rolled my eyes and looked at her. She glances back and bites her lip nervously.

"The only werewolf we had near this bloody school was old Professor Lupin. And he died in the war don't forget."

We finally reach the trunk and see the books resting on a low branch. Blaise sighed in relief and went to grab then when we heard it...

The loud cry of a werewolf...

We all froze in fear and Blaise pulled his books closer to his body. Suddenly there was a snap of a dry twig and a low growl seemed to surround the area.

Before the creature pounced we had bolted as fast as we could back towards the school. The trees and plants whizzed past us as we ran for our dear lives. The werewolf howled and ran after us, trampling everything in it's path as it chased after us.

As I ran, I did not see the roots of one of the willow trees making a ridge in my path. My foot caught the root and I flew forward. My face hit the ground hard and the air in my lungs got knocked out.

Blaise and Pansy did not notice that I had fallen at first. In fact, it seemed as though they were just going to leave me.

Before I could get up I felt a large hand like paw rest on my back and a growl came from a snout by my ear. The werewolf had caught me...

The large beast let out a deafening howl and right after searing pain soared through my body, starting at my hip. I let out a cry of pain and suddenly the weight on my back was gone.

Pansy had returned and had thrown a limb lock jinx at the werewolf. She then helped me up and we made our way out of the forest.

We finally reached my dorm room and I somehow convinced them to leave me be and let me rest. Once they had left I turned to the portrait and bit my lip.

"Lemonspice."

"Sorry dear... Harry had the password changed because someone had figured out the password."

I sigh and nod. I lean against the wall beside the portrait and rub my face.

"Malfoy? What are you doing out of the dorm?"

"Leave me alone Potter. I could ask the same of you."

"I just got the password changed. Its wolf's bane."

The lady on the portrait bowed and allowed us in. I skipped the shower and just changed and hopped into bed.

How did my day go from perfect to being one of the worst days of my life?