Chapter 21: Traitorous Allies

Beginne am Anfang

She bared her fangs at him and swung her scythe as hard as she could, sending Crowley flying backwards. "Die vampire!" She seethed as she charged at him.

She continued to swing her scythe at him, her strength exceeding his own. "Wow. You really are strong. Are you even human anymore?" He asked as he swung his sword at her. Mayu quickly dodged his attack, landing on the ground gracefully. Mayu sighed and raised her scythe above her head.

"Obliterate everything in your path, Konekomaru-kuchiku-kan.."

Crowley smiled. "I see how it is now." He said as he raised his sword. "Drink my blood, my sword." He said, causing the blade of his sword to turn crimson.

The two of the charged at each other and swung their weapons, causing a huge explosion, destroying most of the building. When the smoke cleared, Mayu emerged, whatever wounds she had soon healing.

Crowley soon emerged as well, surprised by how strong she was. "To think someone like her would have such power. It's incredible." He stated as he grabbed his sword off the ground.

Both Riza and Guren watched in horror as Crowley and Mayu continued to duel. "I need to do something. If I don't stop her, she'll be killed!" Riza shouted as she drew her sword.

"DON'T GET IN MY WAY!" Mayu growled, startling Riza. Mayu was acting so different, it was almost like she was a different person.

"Mayu...what'll make you go back to normal..?"
.
.
.

Yuuichiro's P.O.V

"It...hurts..."

"It hurts so much...it feels like my heart is about to explode.."

I clutched my chest, the pain starting to get worse by the minute. Asuramaru sighed. "You're hopeless, Yuu." He stated bluntly, causing me to glare.

"Just when I thought you gave up on revenge, now you obsess over family." He said, sounding very disappointed. I reached out to Asuramaru, the pain starting to mess with my vision.

"P-Power.."

Asuramaru looked at me curiously. "You want power that bad?" I shook my head. "Y-Yeah...I need power to save Guren. So give me your power, Asuramaru!" I ordered, causing him to sigh.

"We'll of course I will; as much as you wish for. After all, I feed on your desire." He said as he knelt down infront of me. "But that pill you took was a mistake. That pill represses your desire and puts the curse into overdrive. But that's a paradox that's not going to work." He stated, turning away from me.

"You can't just take a pill and gain power without paying the price." Asuramaru stated. I looked down at the ground, wanting a different answer. "Then what should I do? What do I need to do to become stronger?" I asked, clenching my fists.

Asuramaru shrugged. "Unfortunately, it's too late. You've died." He said, causing my eyes to widen. "You died instantly. Your organs and heart ruptured because of that pill. Enough that, even with my regenerative capability, I couldn't repair it. It's completely over."

"What..?"

I looked back down at the ground, unsure of how to think about this. I...died? I couldn't have! There has to be some mistake!

My eyes widened as soon as I thought of Mayu. What was she thinking right now? How was she taking this? I promised her I wasn't going to do anything stupid on the battlefield, and yet here I was...

I shook my head. "No way...then, is this the afterworld?" Asuramaru shook his head. "That actually might have been better." He stated. I looked up at him curiously. "What do you mean?"