Chapter 21: Traitorous Allies

Start from the beginning

"You don't deserve a thank you. You may have kept her secret from the Demon Army, but you completely put her in danger!" She shouted.

Guren rolled his eyes. "So anyway, why do you want me to keep her safe? Why can't she be with you? You're going on and on about how I didn't keep her safe, but yet you left her in the Demon Army's hands. So why is it so important for her to stay safe and kept secret? " He asked, causing Riza to clench her fists.

"Because Mayu is emotionally unstable!" She stated, causing Guren's eyes to widen. "I originally left her in her in her father's care because I couldn't take her with me. If I did, the Progenitor Council would've had me sentenced for treason, and the both of us would be dead!"

Riza grit her teeth, feeling both angry and sad. "So I had to leave her with her father so she could be safe, even if that meant for me not to be in the picture." She stated, looking to the side. Guren's eyes narrowed. "I'm guessing not everything went according to plan then?" Riza glared and nodded.

"Yes. And it's all because you humans decided to play with a forbidden power that was far beyond your control. In the end, Mayu had to go through hell and torment, witnessing her family die, being kidnapped by the vampires...and it's all because of you greedy humans." She stated, tears forming in her eyes.

"What exactly do you mean by Mayu is "emotionally unstable"?" Guren asked. Riza sighed. "It's because Mayu is a half vampire that was raised under the care of humans for too long. Her body grew into the human lifestyle so much that it completely shut away every last trace of her vampire instincts."

"But it won't stay that way for long." She said, startling Guren. " If something were to happen to her, something that would hurt her emotionally, anything like that, Mayu will snap and all the power that was shut away will break free and cause her to go on a rampage. She'll be much stronger than any noble, and the Owari No Seraph put together. That's why I had you keep her a secret from the Demon Army, because if they find her, they will use her as a weapon." She stated, causing Guren's eyes to widen.

Riza sighed. "And it's not just the Demon Army that will use her, it'll be the vampires too, that's why I want you to keep her safe." She stated as she sat down on the ground.

Before Guren could say anything, the wall behind them started to crumble to pieces, startling all of them. Soon, Mayu landed on the ground before them, causing both Guren's and Riza's eyes to widen.

"M-Mayu.." Riza mumbled, backing away slightly. Mayu looked up at them, her eyes completely blank and dulled over with hate and sadness. "What the hell is wrong with her?! She looks so different?" Guren asked as he looked over at Riza, who's eyes showed nothing but fear. "I-It's...it's happened.."

"Her powers have awakened!"

Guren's eyes widened. "That's impossible! How did this happen?!" Riza shook her head. "As I said, she must have witnessed something emotionally painful! Like.." Her eyes widened even more.

"Like the death of a family member..."

Guren's eyes widened even more. That's impossible! Then it dawned on him. "Yuu...that idiot!" He mumbled. That was the only explanation that he could come up with. That idiot Must've done something stupid. But what?!

With out hesitation, Mayu lunged at the noble that was the closest to her, Chess Belle. Chess's eyes widened in horror as the blade of Mayu's scythe almost hit her, but she sighed in relief when Crowley blocked the attack.

He smiled in amusment when he realized he was having a hard time blocking Mayu's attack. "So this is what the power of a half-ling is like. It's quiet interesting." Mayu glared at him, the grip on her scythe becoming tighter.