Chapter 20: Demon's Lullaby

Start from the beginning

"W-What the hell!"

I didn't get a good look at the vampire who blocked me, but he or she was seriously powerful. I soon found myself flying backwards, using my scythe as an anchor. "Mayu! Are you alright?!" Yuu asked when I landed on the ground. I nodded.

"I think so. Who is that..?" I asked, cradling my injured stomach. I heard a big sigh of irritation. "Seriously? I leave for a few minutes to deal with a squad of Demon Army soldiers, only to find that you've made a mess out of this place. Jeez, Crowley." The female said, sounding angry.

When the dust cleared, I caught sight of long green hair, causing my eyes to widen slightly.

"That's..the same color as mine.."

Crowley smiled innocently. "Sorry about that Riza-san, but right now. You might want to turn around. You might like what you see." He said, pointing right at me.

"That woman...is Riza?"

Riza sighed once more and turned around. "Why the hell do you want me to--" She started to say until she caught sight of me. Our eyes both widened at the same time, unable to look away from one another.

"Wha..."

She looked exactly like me. It was so scary, we almost looked like identical twins. The only differences about us was our hair length, our eye color and ears, and the fact that I was human and she was vampire. I heard the others behind me gasp in surprise and turn towards each other, mumbling.

I blocked them out, trying to figure all of this out myself. This was so confusing. "M-Mayu..." Riza studdered as she covered her mouth, dropping her sword. I flinched as she said my name.

"How does she..."

Suddenly, her expression turned into an angry one and she quickly slammed Guren into a wall, causing it to crack under the sudden impact. "YOU SON OF A BITCH! YOU TOLD ME SHE WAS COMPLETELY SAFE! DOES THIS LOOK SAFE TO YOU?!" She shouted as she pointed at me. I was to stunned to do anything at this point. I could only watch as this happened.

"YOU BROKE YOUR PROMISE! YOU PROMISED THAT NO HARM WOULD COME TO HER AND YET HERE SHE IS, FIGHTING WITH THE DAMN DEMON ARMY?!" She shouted as she punched Guren in the face, hard.

"A promise...?"

Guren only looked at Riza and smirked, making her angrier. "You bastard..." She growled, going to punch him again, but Crowley quickly stopped her. "Remember, Riza-san. We need him alive." He stated, causing Riza to glare and look away.

I stood up, my curiousity at its limit. "What the hell is going on?! What promise did you and Guren make?! Who..." I asked, clenching my fists.

"Who are you..?"

Riza looked up at me sadly. She tried to say something, but she couldn't find the words. Crowley sighed and looked over at Guren, who was laying on the ground in pain. "Seriously. She was in your care for four years, and you still haven't told her anything? How long do you plan on sheltering this poor child?" He asked as he started walking towards me. I backed up slightly.

"What does he mean..."

Yuu and the others quickly got infront of me protectively. "Don't you came anywhere near her." Yuu said as he pointed his sword at him.

"I'm sorry, but last time I checked, you all are not a part of this conversation. So if you'd please..back off." Crowley stated bluntly as he swung his sword, causing my comrades to go spiraling backwards. "Everyone!" I shouted as I ran to help them, but I was quickly blocked by Crowley's henchmen. I gritted my teeth in irritation.