"You're looking a little loss there, you need help?" She shook her head silently as she glanced at their kagunes.

Ghouls...

Their odd eyes glowed in the dark night sky, breathes creating wisps of condensation in the air.

"Well too bad, a certain someone wants their pet back.." She noticed that they were brothers. Most likely twins, they look exactly alike aside from their eyes.

"And he's not taking no for an answer." She tried to think, tried not to let the fear of going back suffocate her.

Try to be like him... Calm and calculating... Don't panic...

B-But the blood is running so fast...

She glanced at her arm, punctures wrapped around her upper arm and at her right shoulder.

She dropped her arm to her side, gripping it with her other arm and faking a strained face.

This is why you were in those classes for so long and medicated... You have to be able to pull this off...

"O-Okay..." She didn't have to force the tears, they were coming steadily already. One of the twins, seeming to be the more vain one had walked toward the girl with a grin.

"Good girl." He praised, gesturing for his brother to follow. She held her breath as the both got close enough before trying to calm her pulse.

You've got something to lose... Can't give up...

Sucking up her fear, she whipped out her blades with great speed, carelessly ripping her shirt. Her left hand had cut with great precision as it tore into the jugular deeply of the ghoul to her left. However, she was not so lucky with the one on her right. The numbing sensation as her warm blood flowed loosely from her arm caused it to grow heavy and hurt her accuracy. She was only able to cut deeply into the ghoul's side before she jumped back at a remarkable speed for someone who was bleeding out of their arm so heavily.

She watched the ghouls cry out, though one screamed as his blood ran faster than the girl had expected, but she's never slit someone's jugular... Never killed anyone. But she couldn't dwell on her emotions as his enraged twin screamed in anger with curses and angry slurs toward the woman in front of him.

She only gestured shakily for him to come for her and watched as he took off for her, a vine like kagune thick stood and flowed behind him. She focused, seeing the ghoul and his weapon as two opponents because they struck at two different times.

Harshly and fast.

She was good at dodging, took pride in it. But she was bad enough at timing her attacks while keeping balance before two opponents. Her breaths grew labored and she landed a slice across the ghoul's throat, obviously not deep enough as his kagune wrapped tightly around her leg causing her to scream as she was thrown across the alley. Her back had hit the asphalt ground and she felt her spine break out in a fast moving sting as throbbing pain came from her leg. She shouted and wanted to squirm to work out the throbs but tried to focus. She looked up and cringed as she tried to keep herself from panicking.

The ghoul approached her slowly with a glowing kakugan filled with fury and hate that glowed in the night. Her heart pounded as she tried to stand only to see a familiar blade tip stuck from behind the ghoul. She sighed in relief before closing her eyes and trying to relax her numbing body. She was starting to panic as she slowly lost the ability to feel and breathing became a stuggle.

Not yet... He's saving you...

Arima laid the ghoul's body down on the ground before looking at the bleeding girl on the ground in shock. She bled from her arm and leg, eyes closed.

Her eyes are closed...

He internally began to panic as he dropped to his knees and patted her cheeks gently.

"Emi, you can't sleep right now... Please open your eyes Emiko." He watched her eyes open in a hazed absent brown and breathed in relief when she began breathing from her mouth.

"D-Dad... M-My leg, my body feels numb... Am I dying?" She asked in a whisper, causing Arima to stiffen from shock.

She called me dad again....

She has only ever done it on certain occasions and every time she has said it, it felt like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders yet it felt... Warm.

She rasped something and it brought back his attention before he watched her eyes close as he lifted her in his arms.

She will be fine... Do not panic...

It's what he's told Emiko for years.
.
.
.

"My head is broken.." She grumbled in a slurred tone and Arima chuckled before sighing in relief. He ran a hand tiredly through his white hair, as he looked at the girl who laid in bed with a confused expression. "Morning." She greeted with a lazy smile and Arima shook his head in amusement before flicking the bit of hair that fell in her eyes.

"It's evening, Emiko." He corrected in his monotone that seemed warm to the female in the bed. She rolled her eyes and glanced around, realizing with relief that she was not in a hospital.

"I'm ho- not at a hospital?" She corrected, knowing that if she said home, she would not hear the end of it.

"Luckily, I caught the CCG medic before he left. He did a blood transfusion and some stitches, he said you were stable at about five a.m, and that I just had to wait. Thank you for the grey hairs." Arima's monotone remained even as he adjusted his rolled up sleeves to a more comfortable and less distress appearance.

Emiko gave a sarcastic smile through her sore and stiff pain as the man's eyes had set on her.

"Aw, you do care." She mocked with a small chuckle, her voice still rasped and husked from her sleep.

"Yes I do, Emiko. I am more than sure you are only envious of my job." Arima teased in an unchanging tone and watched as her face flushed and she glared.

"Sometimes I feel like it's your daughter instead of me." She grumbled before her eyes widened. She meant to only think that not admit it! She panicked and used her hands to cover her mouth.

A slow smile came to Arima's face, and though it was small and gentle, it showed.

"By the way, he doubled your dosage in your medication because you have been skipping doses." He carried on, trying not to embarass the girl even further. Her face was still flushed in mortification as Arima handed her the small bottle of pills.

"And if you wanted more time with me, all you had to do was ask and I will try to set it." Arima informed her, even though it was becoming repetitive of reminding her that she didn't have to suffer in silence. Knowing she thought of herself as his daughter, made him glad because he couldn't help but see himself as a fatherly figure for her. Even if not by blood, he's seen her grow for almost ten years.

"Help me out of bed, I could've sworn you were supposed to be the old man..." Emiko grumbled before Arima chuckled and helped the girl from the bed.