Chapter 7- Complications

Start from the beginning

He was silent for a minute, and I turned around to look at his face.

For a second, he looked utterly, hopelessly sad.

Finally, he shrugged his shoulders, and the look on his face vanished so quickly I wasn't sure if I had seen it. "I don't know. I guess I watch it, because you like it."

My heart swelled, and I resisted the sudden urge to reach over and give him a hug.

Instead, I suddenly remembered that Alex had requested a emergency girls only sleepover early today. Crap! She was so gonna be pissed if I didn't call her back.I stood up from my bed and walked over to the phone that was resting on my desk.

"Okay, well I'm having a sleepover. Soooooo, in half an hour, you will have left. Kay?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Half an hour later

"Selena!" Conner whined.

"No."

"Why not?"

"Out!" I yelled, struggling to push him out the front door.

"Why can't I stay?" He asked, completely unaffected by my effort to make him leave.

"Because," I explained, losing my patience as I grit my teeth and pushed harder "you're male! Now leave!"

He crossed his arms over his chest, refusing to budge. At this rate, I would still be trying to force him out of the door ten years from now. He was bigger, taller, and stronger than me, and I knew that trying to out strength him was pretty pointless.

I was going to have to use wit.

I reached for his stomach, and tickled him. He had a mini spaz attack,  laughter and snorting included, and temporarily forgot to hold his ground as I pushed him. With a final shove, I shoved him out the door, slamming it shut behind him and locking it. I felt him bang on the door in frustration.

"Selena!" His voice was muffled through the door.

I rolled my eyes, even though he couldn't see me through the door. He was beating his record for the most complaining in a single day. "Leave!"

And with that, I went upstairs to my room to clean up before my friends arrived.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time the doorbell had rung, I already knew that Conner had left. The begging had stopped ten minutes ago.

I flung open the door, only to be greeted by my two female friends, arms stuffed full of candy and various other sugar containing food items, covered head to toe in black and rainbow pj's.

"Seli!" Alex cheered. She launched at me with a bear hug, her arms still carrying so much food that she probably couldn't even see her toes.

Lilly just rolled her eyes, inviting herself inside.

Once they had placed all their hibernation supplies on my living room table, we continued to create a blanket fort.

Now usually, Conner and I would make the fort, since we had created the tradition back when we were six. But when I had met Alex and Lilly, I had been glad to share the activity with them, seeing how it's awesome

We used tall cabinets and chairs as a ceiling for our fort, draping blankets over our heads. I made sure to cover any solid object, while Lilly placed pillows around to weigh the blankets down, Alex helped me hang the huge bed sheet from my parents bedroom across the entire thing, using the ceiling face to hold it up.