Chapter 17: Revelation

Start from the beginning

"Oh yes, well. The blood wards for the house are not active as expected, but, I have found out through searching that some other blood ward is still existing, and we all know that a blood ward for a certain person can only be for him, and no one else, yes?"

The revelation shook both wizard and witch in front of Dumbledore, and it was evident in their eyes.

Severus Snape felt like he was struck on the head with such a force that it left him almost swimming.

Another blood ward existing? Was it not that the boy was an only child, so was his father? Was it not that the Black mutt was rotting in Azkaban? And was it not that the boy's family were all murdered last week? And sweet, hunting Merlin, does.that mean that another blood ward had exosted after all this time?!

Another blood ward! With whom?! The last Potter was the boy- they have checked through and through. The Potter House was a dying House, even before James Potter, after all. And Lily- Lily's family were all gone, spreading through the globe. Her cousins did not want anything to do with her, and blood wards come with first and foremost, blood relation and familial love, or if not, acceptance and care or that the boy was entrusted by the parents themselves to the person to take care of him when they are gone.

He had known of the traditional Wizarding method of Entrust when he became Draco Malfoy's godfather. He was the godfather, but the Entrusted of the boy was Andromeda Tonks, who was Narcissa's sister. Bellatrix was downright mental, and Lucius' family... well, purebloods (aside Weaselys) were known to have one or two offspring at a time, and the Malfoys and Blacks were related, after all. Andromeda seemed to be the best choice, since she was a kind, gentle soul, much like Molly Weasely, without the incessant hugs and the touchy sort. Not to mention the two sisters being close before Andromeda married a Muggle, Theodore 'Teddy' Tonks. Their daughter Nymphadora was a bubbly yet clumsy girl and bless her, she got her mother's accepting character.

"How can we be sure of it, Albus? We know no one who was related to the boy in any way!" Minerva asked.

"I do not know yet, Minerva, that is why I called you here, since Lily and James have trusted you with many things and you have known their acquaintances as well. And Severus, you are Lily's friend, so I hope you might know some one to whom they could have entrusted the boy to."

"I do not know, Albus. Lily and James never mentioned anyone whom they entrusted the boy to. Sirius Black was the boy's godfather, yes, and Remus Lupin was a close friend, but it is Lupin- it would be impossible. He has an..." a pause, as if the wotch was weighing what to say, "...ailment and he was the one who declined and told James and Lily to find someone else. As for Sirius, we all know that Blood Wards would only work of the boy was Entrusted to him, and we would be notified right away. But we weren't."

Snape had to agree with the Scottish Witch. She had made a point, "Minerva is right, Headmaster. As of now, we know no one whom Lily and Potter entrusted the boy to. So, we must find a way to find the individual and see of he is fit to be the boy's guardian."

There was pregnant pause, and after a few moments, Dumbledore nodded, "Very well. Please notify Mister Pot- er, Dursely of the current... predicament, Severus, since you are his Head of House. A good afternoon to you both."

With that, they were dismissed.

----

The next few days were hectic as Severus, Minerva and Dumbledore all tore through series and series of archives of the names of people who may or may not be friends, related or acquainted with the late James and Lily Potter. As for the Potter boy, Snape had called him after the Halloween feast to tell him about the situation he was in. The boy was silent as he told him this, and resolved only to, 'Alright, Sir. Thank you. Sorry if I was ever a bother'. He seemed to have taken the liberty to remain quiet and reserved towards his friends, but at least now, they knew the real reason to the boy's behavior, although Severus was thankful that not one in the Snake Gang dared to say a word to the others.