The Feelings Mutual

Start from the beginning

"Oh I see why you are here...another charity case."

Oh I know from this second forward I am going to hate this guy. Whoever he is?

"Abe who is it?" I heard a fragile voice say from behind him.

"Well it's not a girl scout selling cookies." He said still looking at me with a scowl.

She came around him and immediately a smile came upon her face.

"Alicia!" She gave me a huge hug for a woman her size. "My I haven't seen you since you were a baby! My you have grown into a beautiful young woman." She said with her hands holding my shoulders.

I looked at Abe. That's his name right? He looked totally confused at the reunion.

"I see you have met Abraham my grandson." Ann continued.

Her grandson. Please tell me he is just visiting.

"Abraham this is Alicia she is going to live with us for awhile, well until her father gets back from the reserve."

His scowl deepened. Trust me the feeling is mutual. Abraham.

"Is that so." He said with no emotion in his voice.

"Abe can you be a dear and show Alicia to her room upstairs. It's the one in the far corner." You can tell he didn't want to do this whatsoever.

"Sure Grandmother." He opened the door wide open and Ann put her arm around my shoulder. I started to pick up my heavy luggage when Ann said, "Oh dear those look heavy. Abe can you take her luggage up as well. They look awfully heavy."

He rolled his eyes and sighed and grabbed my suitcases. I'm guessing Ann was oblivious to his attitude or she didn't see him do that. He has the worst attitude.

It was then did I notice the beautiful house before me. It was all white with a few colors here and there, overall it had a very clean and fresh feel to it.

"Okay dear well I rarely go up the stairs because of my old knees so my bedroom is under the staircase if you need anything and the kitchen is over there through that door and..." Of course she'd mention the kitchen. "...I guess you can find your way around once you explore." She smiled up at me. "So just make yourself at home dear."

"Thank you Ann for taking me in. It means a lot. You have no idea how appreciative I am."

"Oh anything for an old friend like your father."

"I don't want to stand here all day so can we hurry the love fest that's going on." He always has to ruin it.

"Oh I'm sorry Abe I didn't know you were there." Ann said chuckling. "Up you go dear."

I followed Abraham up the stairs and followed him to my soon to be room. He opened the door and walked in.

My goodness it was amazing. The room was so bright and white but with a girly touch to it. I knew Ann had something to do with this. I love it.

The bed was humongous, it was just there sitting in the middle of the bedroom. I could tell I had my own walk in closet and restroom. This is paradise. But what got me was the balcony with a view of the beach. The beach was pretty much Ann's backyard! Wow.

"So you got my Grandmother to make me your personal butler

"So you got my Grandmother to make me your personal butler." He said scoffing.

"I could of done it if they were too heavy for you." I said annoyed.

"No it's okay didn't want you to trip on the stairs with your heels." He said looking at my heels with that attitude of his that seems to never disappear.

"What is your problem! Huh?! The first second you seen me you have been so rude!"

"Oh I don't have a problem it's you with the problem. Walking in here thinking you run the house already." He said leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Just because I wanted to talk to Ann instead of you!"

"No it's that attitude of yours that urks me."

"You had an attitude before me so I only had to repay the offer." I said starting to unpack my luggage.

"Yeah a bitchy attitude."

"Can you just leave me alone?! It's already worse I have to live with you." I said growing more frustrated.

"Don't worry the feelings mutual." He said getting just as angry.

"Good." He walked off but not before he slammed my bedroom door.

Asshole!

This is just going to be great.