Prologue

(Helena's POV)

"You know what? I should've trusted my instincts the first time that I saw you." I spat at him while I clutch my aching stomach. I groaned in pain when another kick landed on my back.

"Pretty bad you didn't. Or you and I wouldn't get married." My husband, Axcell, smirked while he casually lean on the island counter, a glass of red wine on his hand.

He is still wearing his office clothes but he already took off his suit and the top two buttons of his shirt is undone. The sleeves are rolled up to his elbows and his hair is already messy from the winds outside. He looks so handsome but he can't fool me anymore. I loathe him.

"The problem with you, dear wife, is that you are so hard headed. I specifically ordered you to stop seeing your two idiotic friends but you won't listen to me. Instead, you went partying with them on that club wearing that dress! The dress that I bought for you to exclusively wear for me. For my eyes only!" He gestured to my already torn white dress.

"And who knows what you are going to tell them if I didn't arrive on time." He drained his wine and threw the glass on the wall across the room. I closed my eyes when I heard the shattering of glass. I felt him crouch beside me. "You're going to tell your little friends that I am hitting you, aren't you? You're going to tell them that I won't allow you to go out without my permission? That you just escaped?! Good thing that I learned from a friend who was there that you are out clubbing while I am working my ass off!" His face is as red as a tomato.

"I hate you. You hurt me and you expect me to just stay silent about it?! I hate you. I hate you. I fucking hate you!" I tried to stand up but my broken leg stopped me from doing so.

"Aw. Baby, you're breaking my heart." He feigned a hurt expression. "You've been telling those words to me for the past few months, darling."

"I'm leaving you. I'm going to divorce you. I'll see you in court, you monster!" I screamed on his face.

His face darkened and he suddenly grabbed me by the arms. "Listen, Helena. You are not going to leave me. Not now. Not ever. You are mine and you should always remember that." His voice is dangerously low and I felt goosebumps rise on my skin.

Images of Julian Ashcroft saying the same words flashed in my mind and I found myself struggling to get out of his tight grip.

"Let me go! Let me go!" I sobbed as I tried to claw at his face and arms.

"Stop it! You little vixen!" He backhanded me and I whimpered in pain as the coppery taste of blood invaded my mouth.

He scooped me up and made his way towards the place I dread the most. My prison. My bedroom. The place where he locks me all day long without any food or proper drinking water. This is the room he made me stay on ever since I started to "misbehave".

The room is very small, even smaller than my bedroom in our former apartment on Jacksonville. It has no windows and the only piece of furniture is a small locked drawer, a huge mirror on the wall and a single bed. The comfort room doesn't even have a shower but I simply don't care anymore. I hate the room just as I hate him but it was better than sleeping on the same bed with him. I wouldn't be able to lay next to him thinking that he might strangle me in my sleep.

He threw me on the small bed and began rummaging through his things on the drawer. My eyes widened when I saw a pair of handcuffs dangling from his fingers.

"N-no!" I screamed as I tried to crawl out of the bed. "Let me go, you bastard!"

He grabbed my hair harshly and I scream when he hit me again. He sat on my already broken legs while I cry in pain. I felt the cold metal touch my skin and I sobbed when I saw that he cuffed my left foot on the bedpost.

"All better." He stood in front of me, grinning like an idiot. "You're not going to leave me, Helena. You are mine. I'll see you tomorrow, darling."

He kissed me harshly and walked out of the room before I can even react, leaving me weak and sobbing. I looked at the huge mirror on the wall across me. I hate this mirror. I already broke the first one but I only earned a backhanded slap from my husband right before he had the mirror restored.

My reflection doesn't look like me anymore. My eyes are both swollen and my skin is black and blue. My split lip looks so horrible and the dress that I am wearing looks like a rag. I diverted my gaze towards the ceiling. What did I do that I fell into this hell?

What happened to the charming man that I married one year ago?

I thought that my nightmares ended when Julian died on that accident seven years ago but it turns out that I was wrong, It was only the beginning.

A/N: Hi guys! Who missed me? Sorry for not updating for so long ✌✌ I've been really busy doing my school works and all.

Anyway, this scene happened 5 years later after Helena met Axcell. Obviously, they got married. Like the first book, the prologue is a foreshadowing of what is going to happen towards the near end of the story so the next chapters are what happened starting 5 years ago.

And I'll warn you. This one would be a little bit mature than the first story.

Happy reading 😃😃

-Cherish

[ Edited because I owe somebody out there a dedication :) ]