Another Birdbrain

Start from the beginning

Sebastian and Ciel expected her to talk to him they did not expect her to throw a bolt of lightning at him. The man swiftly dodged. The witch smirked. With a growl she leapt from the window and when she landed on the ground the ground underneath the man's feet rose. He quickly leapt away onto a tree branch, which was good because the floating mass of earth he had been standing on exploded with large stone spikes.

'He's dodging my attacks pretty well,' Nyra thought as she threw a fireball at the stranger, which he dodged just like he had all her other attacks. He was faster than was to be expected of a human and he jumped to great heights in order to avoid her assault.

The witch wasn't really trying to harm the stranger, she was simply testing him, to make sure it was who she thought it was. Ciel had been dressed and was now sitting in the garden with Sebastian by his side. The demon had pulled a table out of his ass and had it set up beautifully for the master to enjoy his breakfast while watching Nyra toy with a stranger.

'There's one sure way to find out.' Nyra thought as the hooded man stood in front of her. She stood tall, opened her mouth and began to sing.

"Would you mind if I hurt you?

Understand that I need to.

Wish that I had other choices,

Than to harm the one I love."

The atmosphere around the battle field got thicker and heavier as Nyra sang. Everything looked distorted. The stranger shrank back a little, groaning in pain. While she was singing it began to snow and a bright beam of ice shot from Nyra's feet to the bottom of the stranger's cloak. The ice wrapped around him like vines before trapping him in a cocoon of ice.

"Hm, well that was fast." Ciel mused, slightly surprised and disappointed. He was hoping to have some more entertainment.

"Guess he wasn't who I thought he was." Nyra said crossing her arms, looking the frozen figure over with a critical eye. She had nearly been convinced.

The ice started to crack. Nyra's green eyes widened in surprise. At first it was just small little cracks but soon a large crack split the icy coffin in half and the cloaked man shoved the ice off of himself.

He turned to look at Nyra, two glowing golden orbs stared back at her, glittering with mischievousness. That's when the figure began to sing.

"I know I'd better stop trying
You know that there's no denying
I won't show mercy on you now"

Ciel and his servants slapped their hands over their ears, trying to block out the painful noise. How was this possible, was Nyra not the only one with super powered singing. Nyra tried to ignore the agonizing singing for a few moments to get her head in check. With her head clear she turned to the stranger and began to sing at the same time as he, canceling out his song. They were singing the exact same song.

"I know, should stop believing
I know, there's no retrieving
It's over now, what have you done?"

"What have you done now?!"

"I, I've been waiting for someone like you
But now you are slipping away... oh
Why, why does fate make us suffer?
There's a curse between us, between me and you"

After that chorus everything was silent. The cloaked figure lunged at the witch.

"Sebastian." Ciel said. Sebastian drew a butter knife and threw it at the monk. He ducked but the knife caught his hood and tore it off. The knife landed in a tree, pinning the scrap of fabric to the bark.