"Sebastian, you should know by now that I have my reasons. This is indeed a task fit for a Phantomhive." That peeked Nyra's attention.

PRESENT

They were still driving along the trails. Ciel was doing quite good with his French but eventually Nyra ran out of questions. Sticking with the French Nyra quizzed him on all he knew of the history of France.

"Look! Somebody actually lives here!" Finny said excitedly. Nyra turned and saw he was pointing at an old lady with a stroller. "Tanaka stop!" Finny told the older man. They pulled up alongside the woman. Finny hoped out.

"Let me help you Granny." The gardener said.

"No you shouldn't Finny!" Mei-rin yelled. "If you aren't careful you might hurt the baby!"

"What did you say?" Finny asked as he lifted the stroller above his head. He then quickly realized what he did and slammed the stroller back on the ground. He threw his arms up in surrender. "I'm so sorry!" Mei-rin and Bard looked anxiously in the stroller.

"Oh! This is awful, is the baby okay?" Mei-rin asked worriedly. They both looked into the carriage blue with shock. Nyra could see into the stroller from where she was. She wrinkled her nose in disgust. She could tell there was a dog skull in it.

"There is no baby. There is no baby anymore. The child was eaten by it." The woman rolled the stroller away from the shocked servants.

"Eaten?" Bard asked nervously as the woman walked off singing some creepy tune.

"The white dog is a good dog, a good dog good."

"The black dog is a bad dog, a bad dog bad."

"That's why we're here." Ciel said. "Apparently a lot of the villagers have been brutally killed or gone missing. The village has shrunk to a third of its size in the past ten years. A part of my task is to find out why and put an end to the problem."

A few minutes later the village was insight, next to a large lake. "Oi, it's starting to look like a place worth staying." Bard said.

They drove the carriages into town where the sound of dogs barking filled the air. Nyra closed her book and put it in her bag. Briefly she wondered how Yanmei was doing. Had she healed yet? Had she retaken her title as one of the Seven Sisters after being imprisoned? Was she being treated nicely by the reapers? The witch shook the questions from her head and just decided to watch everything go by.

"Sit." A nearby young man told a dog. The hound obeyed. "Lay down." The dog did as commanded. "Who's a good boy? My good boy!" The man laughed and hugged his dog.

"Oh my, I'd let him pet me, yes I would." Mei-rin sighed.

"He manipulates the creature with rewards and punishments." Said Sebastian suddenly. "He commands the mutt's obedience but, the dog isn't blameless either. It's fond of its human and welcomes the chain around its neck. I can't understand it."

"If you're trying to get at something deeper just say it." Ciel ordered.

"No, it's nothing of importance of my lord. Simply that while I love cats I'm not especially fond of dogs." He turned to face them with a shit eating grin. "To be completely frank I hate them."

"Woof." Ciel said as a joke and Nyra smirked through a low wolf like growl.

They drove up to a large house on a hill. It seemed to be much nicer in comparison to the grubby homes in the village. A young maid ran out to meet them. She was very pretty with white hair and purple eyes.(ATTENTION! Angela is not an evil angel. I will still make her evil, just not a crazy angel that murdered Ciel's parents.)