Unexpected guests

Start from the beginning

"Sha Heda" everyone in the room replies and she looks over to me lightly turning her head down as if passing me control.

"Let's get this show on the road." I call out and lead everyone out of the building. My horse is being held by Finn and he waits impatiently for the group to come out. "You stay here and watch for Clarke, if she gets back while we are gone you take her and put her on a horse, you follow our tracks and get her to the crash site. If her mom is alive she is gonna want to know whether or not her mom made it down."

"Bellamy, let me go instead so you can see her first." he pleads as I mount my horse.

"No, I am the leader of our people while she is gone and it is my responsibility to go out and find the survivors and secure a peaceful alliance between them and us." I pick up the reigns and look back down to him. "Clarke cannot get in the way of my duty as leader. She and I aren't even together Finn, at least this will get my mind off of her for a while."

I dig my heels into the sides of my horse and take off towards the closest landing site. I lied to Finn, the only reason i am going isn't because i am the leader but I need to find Clarke's mom before Clarke finds her. If she didn't make it I need to know so I can tell her instead of her seeing her mom like that. This is what's best for Clarke, even if she doesn't want me anymore I need to be the one to tell her about her mom, she can go and seek comfort in Lexa or go celebrate with her as long as she doesn't find something that will scar her for life.

"Bellamy." Lexa says like she has been calling me for quite some time. I look over to her and find that Aiden and Indra have fallen back some. "You said you would tell me why what I said was so funny."

"Oh yeah, well I'm sure you have had an intimate relationship with someone am I correct commander?" I ask and she gives me a warning glare and I continue on without her answer. "Well when you reach Climax it is sometimes called finishing, and when you said that it was as if you said you finish quickly as in that way which isn't something to be proud of. At least for a man."

"You sky people are odd." she says looking back to the road ahead of us. "Maybe if I had our background I would have found it funny."

"You probably would have." I agree and motion for Aiden and Indra to stay back for a while longer. "Commander can I ask you something?" she responds with a huff telling me to go on. "Do you love her?"

She looks at me shocked and taken back by my question. "I can say that I have not felt this way about anyone since Costia. She was my last lover and she was killed by the Ice queen Nia." she looks down at the mentioning of her name and then looks over to me. "I do not know what Clarke and I have together but I know she does not look at me the same way she looked at you. I fear I might have broken her to be honest."

"You didn't answer my question." I say annoyed that she is trying to avoid the question.

"Love is weakness." She answers sternly. "I can't afford to love anyone, it makes me weak and clouds my judgement. My duties as Commander must and always will come first."

"She deserves to be loved." I say as we reach the crash site. "Follow behind me at least ten yards." I tell Lexa and the others.

Slowly I move closer to the flaming space station and raise my rifle over my head as a sign of peace. I recognize faces as I travel deeper closer to the crowd. Everyone is covered in as and blood, some already have bandages and my heartbeat picks up a little.

"Stop right there!" A familiar deep voice commands from the group and Marcus Kane steps in view. "Drop you weapon."

"Kane calm down, it's Bellamy Blake." I respond and his posture relaxes just a little. "Is Dr.Griffin around?" I can't help but ask the question, my heart is beating too fast and I'm sweating from dread.

"Bellamy?" Her voice comes over the crowd and she pushes her way through. As soon as I see her I jump off of my horse and run to her. I wrap her in a tight hug and it's funny to think how much I care for her because of Clarke. It's like she is my own mother now. "Thank god you made it." I say not letting her go.

"Bellamy what's wrong?" She asks pushing me away so she can look me in the eyes.

"You me and Kane need to have a meeting but for now I brought help." I look to the crowd and they are all staring at me. "I brought friends to help, they will help look for more survivors and help the wounded. Don't be afraid."

I turn back and look at Aiden who in return whistles to the tree line. Grounders emerge walking slowly to not scare anyone and Lexa joins my side with Indra and Aiden. "I can see where Clarke gets her looks from." Lexa says as an ice breaker. "I am the commander of what you people call the grounders." She offers her hand and Abby takes it cautiously.

"Dr. Abigail Griffin" she introduces herself quickly and turns back to me. "How about that meeting?" She waves Kane over and we all walk out of earshot.