Chapter 9

Sagittarius looked up as two more cannons shot. He prayed that Cancer would still be alive and looked up. His prayers had not been answered. A sudden rage overcame him. He had to win now. He had to win for Cancer. Who was left? Pisces and Capricorn? He would kill Capricorn first, then Pisces. He had to give Pisces a peaceful, painless death, for Cancer had told him that the she and Pisces were friends and that she hoped that if Pisces died, her death would be painless. He would wait to kill Pisces later. Now to find Capricorn. It took him ages, but he finally found Capricorn by a stream with Pisces. This would be harder than he thought- Sagittarius would have to kill Capricorn without harming the girl with him. Aiming his bow at Capricorn's heart, he let the arrow fly. The next few seconds were a blur. Pisces had seen the arrow, but Capricorn hadn't. She shoved him aside as the arrow pierced her heart instead. Sagittarius had not expected this to happen, and stepped back. He had killed the person he didn't want to kill. What would Cancer say? Capricorn looked up and met his gaze, and Sagittarius promptly run away.

Pisces was collapsed on the ground, arrow in her heart.

"Capri..." She whispered weakly.

"Don't talk. Oh my god. Pisces. Let me just-" He attempted to take the arrow out, tears pouring down his face, but failed due to his shaking hands. Her blood was staining his already soiled clothing.

"Capri... it's no use... Just... go win the games for me... okay...?" A tear slipped from her eye.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... If I had just- We both could have- I'm sorry..." The zodiac was now sobbing uncontrollably.

"Just... go win for me, okay...?"

"I will..." Capricorn looked down at Pisces, who was smiling peacefully. He kissed her softly and repeated his words. "I will."

"I... love... you..." And with those last words, she closed her eyes for the last time.

"I love you too." Capricorn whispered, and stood up slowly just as the hovercraft arrived to take away her body.

Later that night, Capricorn found Sagittarius sleeping in a cave nearby the stream where Pisces had died earlier that day. He gripped her trident and approached the other zodiac slowly and plunged the weapon into Sagittarius's heart, killing him instantly. Capricorn had won.

~A/N: And that's the end... sorry this was absolute trash :/ but I hope you enjoyed it all the same... ~